2024 Taste of Venturing
Join in the annual fun at the Taste of Venturing!
Taste of Venturing will be a day event with camping both on Friday and Saturday nights as part of your registration. Food for the weekend will be provided by your indiividual units. Whether your unit comes for the weekend or just for the day, its going to be an action packed weekend of fun at Warren Levis! Camping check in as early as 5pm on Friday night and check out is by 11am on Sunday. Saturday programming starts at 9am.
Event is open to youth 14 years and older or 13 and in the 8th grade (start your recuiting now)
Saturday will be packed with activities including:
- Shooting sports - rifles, pistols, shot guns, and archery
- Climbing Tower, crate stacking & slacklines (Training to be certified to run a Climbing Tower for your unit will be offered to those 21years of age or older. A seperate Training registration/fee will be required.)
- Lake Activities --fishing and canoeing (if weather permits)
- Mountain Boarding
- STEM Trailer
- Silk Screening with the TOV Logo/SCI Fi--bring your own items to silk screen
- Candlemaking and Leather stamping
- for those camping the weekend: Friday night movies and Saturday evening Bingo, Night shoot and Dance.
We will have a large dinner together on Saturday night. Please plan for your unit to bring a side dish (enough for your crew plus 2) for the dinner. Please also bring a written copy of the ingredients (for allergy purposes) Main course will be provided (Hamburgers, Brats & Chicken Breasts)
Please note: Some of the shooting sports at the event requir participants to be a registered Venturer, Sea Scout, or Explorer. Scouts BSA members and Guests cannot participate in pistols or rifles with calibers above .22.