STEM University 2019-SIUE Scouts BSA College
STEM University SIUE 2019 - Scouts BSA College
Hosted by: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
All Scouts should bring Merit Badge cards, booklets, paper and pencil for the classes they are taking.
Who: Scouts BSA and Scout leaders
When: Saturday, November 2, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (sign-ins start at 8:00 am)
Where: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville: 1 Hairpin Dr, Edwardsville, IL 62026**
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: Lunch (pizza, soda, & cookies), STEM U patch, and program materials.
**Sign-Ins and Opening Ceremonies at Science East 1136 (lower auditorium); classes take place in Science East, Science West, & Engineering Hall
Registration Deadline: Sunday, Oct. 27 at 11:59 pm or when capacity reached. Earlybird of $16 youth/$10 adult by Oct. 20, price goes up $5 after.
NO late registrations or walk-ins. Out of Council Scouts are welcome to enroll.
Please fill out and bring the attached "SIUE Waiver" with you to the event.
Merit Badge Classes being offered:
Composite Materials MB
Digital Technology MB
Space Exploration MB
Nova Classes Offered:
Nova Counselor/Supernova Mentor: 10am-11am
Hands-on STEM Training: 1pm-2pm
Room # : SE 1136, Lower Auditorium
If interested please email email@example.com
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of the SIUE. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SIUE is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
**All registrants will be added to the STEM e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.