STEM University 2022-SIUE Scouts BSA College
STEM University SIUE 2022 - Scouts BSA College
Sponsored by Spire and Great Rivers Confluence Foundation
Hosted by: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
All Scouts should bring Merit Badge booklets, paper and pencil for the classes they are taking. Electronic blue cards will be sent out after the event.
Who: Scouts BSA and Scout leaders
When: Saturday, November 5, 2022
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (sign-in starts at 8:00 am)
Where: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville: 1 Hairpin Dr, Edwardsville, IL 62026**
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: Lunch (pizza, soda, & cookies), STEM U patch, and program materials.
After October 17th, fee goes up to $18 per Scout.
**Sign-Ins and Opening Ceremonies at Science East 1136 (lower auditorium); classes take place in Science East, Science West, & Engineering Hall
Registration Deadline: Sunday, Oct. 30 at 11:59 pm or when capacity reached. Earlybird of $16 youth/$10 adult by Oct. 17th, price goes up $2 after for Scout admission.
NO late registrations or walk-ins. Out of Council Scouts are welcome to enroll.
Please fill out and bring the attached "SIUE Waiver" with you to the event.
Merit Badge Classes being offered:
Citizenship in the World
Health Care Professions (formerly Medicine)
Sustainability (pre-reqs 1, 2a Water & Food, 2b Energy & Stuff)
Nova Award Classes being offered:
Shoot! Pre-reqs: 1, 2, & 4
Nova Counselor/Supernova Mentor: 10am-11am
Room # : SE 1136, Lower Auditorium
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of the SIUE. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SIUE is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
CHECK OUT MORE INFORMATION ON STEM ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS HERE!