2022 Wood Badge
2022 Wood Badge Course
The 2022 Palmetto Council Wood Badge Course will be held over 2 weekends (September 16-18, 2022 & October 8-9, 2022) at Camp Bud Schiele in Rutherfordton, NC. You must attend both weekends. The fee for the course is $250 for participants and $100 for staff. A $100 deposit is due to register for the course. Due to a training grant that has been received, leaders will only have to pay the $100 deposit and your deposit will be refunded upon completion of the course.
Wood Badge has been developed for ALL Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout and Venturing leaders, as well as council and district leaders. The course content and the principles introduced apply to scouters in all leadership positions in all of the program areas. It provides a common foundation of leadership and team skills used throughout the program. Who should attend? YOU should attend!
To attend Wood Badge, you must:
- Be a registered member of the BSA
- Have completed Youth Protection Training
- Have completed the basic traning course for your Scouting position
- Have completed the outdoor skills program for your Scouting position, if applicable
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment
- Have successfully completed and submitted a BSA physical (Parts A, B and C) prior to the start of the course
You will be required to be in full uniform for the course. The uniform required will be the official scout uniform for your scouting program, including the official scout shirt, pants or shorts, socks and belt.
For additional information, please contact Course Director, Ken Reiter at 803-431-9124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.