2020 STEM Training Webinar: Counselor Mentor Training
STEM Training Webinar: Counselor Mentor Training
What: In this webinar, participants will learn about the BSA STEM Nova program, and why this award program is important to Scouts. The steps on becoming a NOVA Counselor and Supernova mentor will be provided along with key strategies on guiding Scouts through the process of earning these awards.
You will learn:
- How Scouts earn the Nova / Supernova awards
- Nova and Supernova Awards Approval Process
- Training/Registration requirements for Mentors and Counselors
- Responsibility of Mentors and Counselors
- Tips and tricks on being a successful Counselor and/or Mentor
Questions will be encouraged in this interactive event.
Who: Volunteers who would like to become NOVA Counselors and/or Supernova Mentor and current counselors/mentors interested in better ways to work with scouts, and what’s new with the program. Out-of-Council participants are welcome.
When: August 27th, 7pm-9pm Central Standard Time
Where: From your couch! Join us on Zoom with the link sent to all registrants.
Cost: FREE! Limited to 100 participants.
This will be a live webinar. Join at 7pm by clicking the link emailed out the week of the event. You'll be part of a conference call with our STEM Trainers and will be able to view the presentation on your own computer screen via screen-sharing. You'll have a chance to submit your questions and have them answered live during the webinar.
- For more information on the STEM Nova Program, click here: https://www.scouting.org/stem-nova-awards/
- For more information on the Greater St. Louis Area Council's STEM Programs, click here: https://stlbsa.org/activities/other-activities/stem/
- Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on STEM opportunities here: https://www.facebook.com/ScoutingAndStemGreaterStLouisArea/
**All participants will be added to the STEM eNewsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.**
Online Via Zoom
7:00 PM CT to 9:00 PM CT Past