STEM University 2021 - UMSL Scouts BSA College
STEM University - UMSL: Scouts BSA College
***Special 4 Piece Badge with attendance to All 4 STEM U Events at SIUE, UMSL, SEMO, and SIUC***
Who: Scouts BSA youth, parents, and Scout leaders
When: Saturday, December 11, 2021
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: University of Missouri St. Louis ; 1 University Blvd, St. Louis, Mo 63121 --- (Click for map of campus)
Cost: $16.00 per youth. We will be including these items: STEM U patch, Nova Cards, lunch, and specific program materials. Please be sure to review prerequisites. $10 for adult. Includes lunch and patch.
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 pm or when capacity reached.
This year, Scouts can entertain almost 20 merit badges and Nova awards to choose from. Participants will take part in state of the art classrooms with leaders guiding Scouts through hands-on activities. ***Scouts need to be in care of a responsible adult whether it's their parent or a unit leader.***
Starting time: 8:00am, end time: tentatively 4 pm (subject to change)
Exact schedule of events
- 8:00am - 8:30 Check-In
- 8:30am Opening Ceremony
- 9:00am Morning Classes Begin
- 12:00 - 12:45pm - Lunch Break
- 1:00 Afternoon Classes Begin
- 3:45 Classes End
Please note, not all merit badge/nova sessions will go the full time period. Sessions will involve content, discussions, activities, and videos designed to meet the requirements of the merit badge/Nova award.
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
During the event, scouts will be expected to:
- Be in uniform and prepared to learn.
- Bring a water bottle
- Have a watch or clock handy. Return after breaks in a timely fashion.
- Read over the merit badge pamphlet and work on the merit badge workbook prior to the class. You can find merit badge pamphlets at the Scout Shop or in your troop library. Worksheets can be found at: http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/list.asp
- Participate in the merit badge class. Simply attending is not enough to earn the badge. You need to participate.
- Scouts should, as much as possible, complete the prerequisites prior to the event. See attached document. That said, partials are sometimes needed. Scouts can reach out to instructors after the event to complete their badges.
- Make sure to enter a valid email when registering and check your email before the event. Some instructors may send out additional information prior to class.
NO late registrations or walk-ins. Out of Council Scouts are welcome to enroll.
Merit Badge Classes being offered:
- Composite Materials
- Nuclear Science
- Space Exploration
- Designed to Crunch Nova
- Nuclear Science
- Splash Nova
A free STEM Nova Counselor/Supernova Mentor Training is also being offered for adults and parents! The training will take place on December 11th from 10am to 12pm. A reminder email will be sent out in advance of the event.