STEM University 2020- Venturing College
STEM University SEMO - Venturing College
Hosted by Southeast Missouri State University.
Who: Venturers & Leaders
When: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Where: 814 North Henderson, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Venturers will be in Dempster Hall all day (park in front).
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: Lunch (pizza,soda, & cookies), STEM U patch, and program materials.
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Registration Deadline: Monday, December 29, 2019 at 11:59pm or when capacity is reached.
NO late registrations or walk-ins.
**Please send at least 1 adult from your Crew for every 6 Scouts. Adults only need to register if they want lunch and an event patch.**
This year Venturers will be working on the Hang On NOVA. Activities to be announced.
Prerequisites: requirement 1, choose A or B, or C and complete all requirements.
Schedule of events:
Check In: 8:00 am to 8:30 am
Opening Ceremonies: 8:30 am to 8:50 am
Session 1: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Session 2: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
LUNCH: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Session 3: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Session 4 : 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Sessions will cover displays, activities, and videos to meet the requirements of the NOVA award.
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of Southeast Missouri State University. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SEMO is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
**All registrants will be added to the STEM e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Dempster Hall- Southeast Missouri State University
9:00 AM CT to 4:00 PM CT Past