Hosted by Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Who: Cub Scouts and Scout leaders (No Tigers!)
When: Saturday, Feburary 24, 2018
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Southern Illinois University - Carbondale. JW Neckers Building (1245 Lincoln Drive) Participants can park behind the Neckers building in lot (#47) or in the lot across from the Student Center (#13). A map can be found at: http://siu.edu/maps/.
Cost: Early Bird Price: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult until Feb. 11th, price jumps $5 afterwards. Includes: Lunch (pizza, soda, & cookies), STEM u patch, and program materials.
8:15-9:00 am - Registration
9:00-9:55 am - Welcome and Session 1
10:00-10:55 am - Session 2
11:00-11:55 am - Session 3
12:00-12:30 pm - Lunch
12:30-1:00 pm - Noon Program
1:00-1:55 pm - Session 4
2:00-2:55 pm - Session 5
3:00-3:55 pm - Session 6
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 18, 11:59 pm or when capacity is reached.
NO late registrations or walk-ins.
This year Cub Scouts will be working on the Down & Dirty NOVA. This NOVA is themed around earth science in everyday life. To learn more about the Down & Dirty NOVA, click here.
Wolves will work on the Digging in the Dirt Adventure, Bears will work on the Super Science Adventure, and Webelos will work on the Adventures in Science Adventure.
A responsible adult needs to be present throughout the whole event to supervise the Scouts. At least 1 parent/leader per Pack or 3-4 Scouts should attend. Only adults who want a lunch and event patch need to register.
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of Southern Illinois University Carbondale. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SIUC is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
**All registrants will be added to our monthly STEM Newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time**