Hosted by Southern Illinois University- Carbondale
All Scouts should bring Merit Badge cards, booklets, paper and pencil for the classes they are taking.
Who: Boy Scouts and Scout leaders
When: Saturday, Feburary 24, 2018
Time: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Southern Illinois University Carbondale. JW Neckers Building (1245 Lincoln Drive) Participants can park behind the Neckers building in lot (#47) or in the lot across from the Student Center (#13). A map can be found at: http://siu.edu/maps/.
Cost: Early Bird Price- $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult until Feb. 11th. Price jumps $5 afterwards. Includes: Lunch (pizza,soda, & cookies), STEM u patch, and program materials.
Registration Deadline: Friday, Feburary 18, 11:59 pm or when capacity is reached.
NO late registrations or walk-ins.
Schedule of Events:
Open doors (JW Neckers) at 8 a.m., Opening ceremonies at 8:30 a.m.
Program sessions: 9 a.m. to Noon & 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Lunch Noon - 1 p.m.
Move to adjacent buildings for program
*Automotive Maintenance, Aviation, and Programming students should go directly to SIU Transportation Education Center
**Horsemanship students should go directly to the Giant City State Park Stables
MERIT BADGE CLASSES OFFERED:
Automotive Maintenance (All Day)
Aviation (All Day)
Chemistry (All Day)
Horsemanship (All Day)
Mining in Society (All Day)
Photography (All Day)
Programming (All Day)
Pulp & Paper
Signs, Signals, Codes (All Day)
NOVA CLASSES OFFERED:
Designed to Crunch
Start Your Engines
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of Southern Illinois University Carbondale. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SIUC is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
*All registrants will be added to the monthly STEM enewsletter. You can unscubscribe at any time.*