STEM University 2019- UMSL Venturing College
Title Sponsor: Great Rivers Confluence Foundation
Sponsored by: Great Rivers Confluence Foundation, Toyota Bodine, Spire, Express Scripts, University of Missouri - St. Louis, & Victory Raceway
Who: Venturers and Crew leaders
When: Saturday, December 14, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (check-in: 8:00-8:30 am)
Where: Start in Stadler Hall for Opening Ceremonies; program takes place in the Social Science & Business Building (SSB 449), 1 University Blvd Saint Louis, MO 63121
Park in Garage 52. Overflow parking on West Drive or in the West Drive Parking Garage.
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: Lunch (pizza,soda, & cookies), STEM U patch, and program materials.
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, December 8, 2019 or when capacity reached.
NO late registrations or walk-ins. Out of Council Scouts are welcome to enroll.
Venturing youth participants will be capped at 50. First come, first served. We may take more if the demand is there.
Venturers will complete the Execute NOVA (see requirements here: https://www.scouting.org/stem-nova-awards/awards/venturer/)
Prerequisites: Please complete Requirement 1 (3 hours of reading/watching) before the event.
Check In: 8:00 am to 8:30 am
Opening Ceremonies: 8:30 am to 8:50 am
Session 1: 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Session 2: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Session 3: 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
LUNCH: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Session 4: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Session 5: 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL). We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• UMSL is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
**All registrants will be automatically signed up for the STEM eNewsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.