STEM University 2020- SEMO Cub Scout College
STEM University SEMO - Cub Scout College
Hosted by Southeast Missouri State University.
Who: Cub Scouts and Scout leaders (No Tigers!)
When: Saturday, January 4, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: 814 North Henderson, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. Cub Scouts will be in Dempster Hall all day (park in front).
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: Lunch (pizza,soda, & cookies), STEM U patch, and program materials.
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Registration Deadline: Monday, December 29, 2019 at 11:59pm or when capacity is reached. Earlybird of $16 youth/$10 adult by December 22, price goes up $5 after.
NO late registrations or walk-ins.
Cub Scout participants will be capped at 200. First come, first served.
**Every Scout should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Please send at least 1 adult from your Pack for every 6 Scouts. Adults only need to register if they want lunch and an event patch.**
This year Cub Scouts will be working on the Uncovering the Past Nova! The activities will involve archeology, artifacts, fossils, and more!
Schedule of events:
Doors open at 8:30 a.m. for sign-ins
9:00 – 10:10 am: Session 1
10:15 – 11:25 am: Session 2
11:30 am – 11:55 am: LUNCH
12:00 pm – 1:10 pm: Session 3
1:15 – 2:25 pm: Session 4
2:30 – 4:00 pm: Game Time
Program will be focused on earning the "Uncovering the Past" Archaeology NOVA.
Five round-robin sessions.
Sessions will cover displays, activities, and videos to meet the requirements of the NOVA award.
Break for 25 min lunch.
Program to end by 4 p.m.
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately if they want lunch.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of Southeast Missouri State University. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts and leaders are not authorized to utilize other classrooms or buildings, other than the ones designated. All classrooms are clearly marked.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SEMO is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.
**All registrants will be added to the STEM e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Dempster Hall- Southeast Missouri State University
9:00 AM CT to 4:00 PM CT Past