STEM University 2022 - SIUE Cub Scout College
STEM University - SIUE: Cub Scout College
Event Sponsors: Spire and Great Rivers Confluence Foundation
Host Sponsor: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville
This year Cub Scouts will be completing the Swing! NOVA Award!
Who: Cub Scouts (Wolf, Bear, Webelos) and Scout leaders (No Lions or Tigers!)
When: Saturday, November 5, 2022
Time: 8:45 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
Where: Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville: 1 Hairpin Dr, Edwardsville, IL 62025**
Cost: $16.00 per youth and $10 per Leader/Adult. Includes: STEM U patch, pizza lunch, and program materials.
**Sign-In will be just outside of Science East Hall with opening announcements to follow, assemble into smaller groups, and program rotations in Engineering Hall
Payment: Mastercard, VISA and Discover. Payments and registration will only be accepted online.
Scouts must be in the care of a responsible adult.
Earlybird of $16 per youth/$10 adult by Oct. 17, price goes up $2 after. Registration closes on October 30.
NO late registrations or walk-ins. Out of Council Scouts are welcome to enroll.
Please fill out and bring the attached "SIUE Waiver" with you to the event.
Schedule of events:
Doors open at 8:45 a.m., Opening ceremonies at 9:15 a.m. outside in the quad.
Session 1: 9:30 am – 10:25 am
Session 2: 10: 35 am – 11:40 am
LUNCH: 11:50 am – 12:50 pm
Session 3: 1:00 pm – 1:55 pm
Session 4: 2:05 pm – 3:05 pm
Program will be focused on earning the Swing NOVA!
Sessions will cover engineering displays, activities, and videos to meet the requirements of the NOVA award. At the end of the day, the Scouts will receive their award cards and event patches.
Nova Counselor/Supernova Mentor: 10am-11am
Room # : SE 1136, Lower Auditorium
STEM University Rules and Regulations:
• All attending Scouters (Adults and Youth) should be in field uniform for the event.
• Attending leaders/parents will need to register separately.
• Attending leaders may be assigned to a class or group to assist the instructor, and also help out as hall monitors. Any Scout caught wandering around during class time, will be sent home.
• NO food or drink is allowed in the classrooms. We provide instructions on the day of on where to eat lunch.
• Parents should be reminded to be prompt when dropping off and picking up Scouts.
• We are guests of SIUE. We are privileged, to be able to use this facility. Please be respectful to buildings and classrooms. Each Scout should conduct themselves in the true spirit of the Scout Law, Scout Oath, and the Outdoor Code. Please practice “leave no trace” during your visit. Each scout is responsible for keeping their assigned program area clean.
• Scouts should be in the care of an adult during the session.
• NO electronic devices allowed!! This is a learning environment. All cell phones should be placed on vibrate or turned off.
• SIUE is not responsible for accidents or for damaged or lost property.