2023 Piasa Bird/Cahokia Mounds Winter Klondike
All Scout BSA Troops & Crews and Arrow of Light members (AOL’s) are welcome to join a troop for the weekend.
The Klondike Derby is a competitive event where teams pull sleds between various stations and perform team tasks at each.
When: January 21, 2023, see schedule below for times.
Klondike is a Day event with camping both on Friday and Saturday nights as part of your registration.
Where: Camp Warren Levis – Godfrey, IL
Cost: $15 per person both youth and aduls (two-deep leadership).
Online registrartion closes on Friday, January 20th at noon.
For more information contact:
Volunteer Contact: Ed Bergen firstname.lastname@example.org
CM District Staff: Kyle Lamm email@example.com 314-623-3876
Upon arrival, the Adult Leader will:
- Confirm the number of patrols
- Confirm the number of participating Scouts and Leaders
- Pay any outstanding fees
- Turn in unit rosters
4:30 PM - 9:00 PM Check-In Begins
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Registration
10:00 PM Taps – Camp Quiet
7:00-7:45 am: Check-in for all units.
7:30 am : Mayors Meeing ( Volunteer Staff Meeting)
8:00 am : Senior Patrol Leader meeting
8:30 am : Sleds ready for inspection
9:00 am – 3:00 pm: Klondike Derby
12:00 pm : Cities close for Lunch
4:00 - 4:30 pm: Award ceremony / Closing Flags
In case of inclement weather, the following communication will take place:
1. Thursday 5:00 pm first evaluation will take place and communication will take place by https://www.facebook.com/cahokiamoundsdistrict/ and email event registration list.
2. Friday evaluations will take place at 10:00am & 2:00pm & 5:30pm by https://www.facebook.com/cahokiamoundsdistrict/ and email event registration list.
3. Forecast of Ice Friday and Saturday will cause the event to be moved to alternate date March 4, 2023.
4. Forecast of Snow will be evaluated at the time above.
5. Canceling Friday night camping and delaying the event start on Saturday is an option.
6. Pushing event to occur on Sunday is an option.