2023 Fall Ranger Program
Fall Ranger Program @ S-F Scout Ranch
Come experience the Ranch in the Fall by taking part in the Fall Ranger Program. This weekend will provide participants with the opportunity to backpack the backcountry of S-F during a time of year that gives a whole new perspective on the scenery and wildlife that comprises this Scouting paradise. Participants will try their hand at High Ropes Challenge Course, trail cooking, backpacking, and more, which are all activities that Scouts and Venturers may do during the week-long summer Ranger program.
When: October 27 - 29, 2023
Where: S-F Scout Ranch, Knob Lick, Missouri
Who: Scouts and Venturers age 14 and up (or have completed 8th grade), and adult leaders.
Cost: $65, includes food and program materials for weekend. $10 Discount if registered on or before October 6th, 2023.
What to bring:
- BSA Medical Form, Parts A & B
- Hiking Backpack
- Sleeping Bag
- Rain Gear
- Water Bottles (3) 1 Liter bottles recommended
- Shelter; Backpacking tent, hammock, or tarps
- Eating utensils; bowl and spoon
- Clothing (Recommendations below)
- (2) Shirts
- (1) Pants
- (3) Wool socks (several pairs, expect to change throughout the day)
- Sleeping Attire
- Long Sleeve ***
- Sock Cap***
- Arrive at S-F between 5:00 PM & 7:00 PM on 10/27. Meet @ Wenzel Lodge.
- Plan appropriately for the time of year. Temperatures could quite possibly be below freezing. Layers of clothing, durable rain gear, and solid hiking shoes with multiple pairs of socks are a must.
- Fall Ranger Program participants that register for the 2024 Summer Ranger Program will receive $50 off the regular fee for that camp.