2020 Cub Scout Summer Camp Kit
Expansion Pack Now Available!!
Kits are Available until September 1st!!
**Register now, but please note that expansion pack kits will not be available until July 15th for pick up or shipping - you will be emailed when they are ready for pick up or when they are shipped to you!**
The Cub Scout Summer Camp Kit is designed for you and your family to continue Scouting in the summer of 2020.
- Safe, socially distant, at-home activities (or close by in your neighborhood)
- Fun for the family to participate in together
- Tons of educational STEM activities
- Earn Cub Scout Advancements! Including up to two STEM NOVAs!
- Online how-to videos of how to do select activities
- Interact with Camp Staff during weekly Campfire Chats
- Activities include commonly found household items (if you purchase a kit, many of the supplies are provided for you!)
- Jurassic Explorers Themed Activities
- Purchased Kits available starting June 1st! We will email and confirm with you closer to the date.
See the free summer camp kit PDF attached!
What you receive with a purchased kit:
- Summer Camp T-shirt & Patch
- Access to online video content
- Access to online camp dens and Campfire Chats led by camp staff
- Printed version of the kit and all worksheets (in color)
- Various Activity Supplies (as indicated in the kit and below)
Supplies included in the purchased kit:
- Dinosaur figurine
- Dinosaur egg
- Crystal growing kit
- Dinosaur matching game printed out
- Food coloring
- Alka-Seltzer Tablet
- Baby Oil
- Bird seed
- Ziploc Bag
- A Crayon
Shipping & Curbside Contactless Pick Up
- Curbside, Contactless Pick Up available at most service centers within 2 weeks of purchase
- First round of kits available for pick up starting June 1st!
- Shipping is available for an additional $10 and again will be within 2 weeks of purchase
- First round of kits to be packaged and shipped starting June 1st!
Commonly Asked Questions:
When will we get our kit?
- Expect your kit to be ready 1-2 weeks after purchasing. We will email you when they are ready to be picked up or when we ship them out.
I ordered our kit(s) after June 12th so we missed the first campfire chat, is that okay?
- YES! The Campfire Chats are just another fun, optional piece of the summer camp kits! It does not impact any of the advancements earned or any of the instruction! You can purchase kits any time during the summer.
Is there a deadline to get a kit?
- NO! You can get a kit any time during the summer, even if you missed a campfire chat or two, it won't impact your enjoyment! The Campfire Chats are completely optional!
What supplies are not included in the kit?
- We tried to provide you with many of the items needed for the activities but there are other commonly found household items not included in the kit. Those items are: water, dish soap, vinegar, baking soda, an apple, salt, a bucket, a recycled box, chairs/blankets/pillows, recycled two liter bottles, recycled toilet paper roll, masking tape, glue, shaving cream, cornstarch (optional), and glitter (optional)
- Other than that, we will provide all of the “odd” stuff!
Do I have to do all of the activities?
- Do what's best for your family! Is there an activity in here you cannot do? That is OKAY, there are lots of other options in this kit. Take note of what advancements are earned with each activity section. There is a full listing of the advancements in the back of the kit.
What is the timeline for this summer camp kit?
- These activities make up a robust week of summer camp - feel free to do them during one week or spread them across the summer!
- Note that the campfire chats are June 12, 19, 26, and July 3 – the topics will be each of the activity sections.
Do we have to do a Campfire Chat?
- Nothing is mandatory! The Campfire Chats should only provide a fun opportunity for kids to interact with camp staffers and show them what they’ve been working on!
How do I inform my Cubmaster of the advancements earned?
- Use the list of advancements for each activity section or use the full list in the back of the kit! Be sure to tell them you completed the activities and have earn those advancements.
Can we purchase one kit for a family? Or should we purchase for each child?
- There is only one set of materials, one t-shirt, and one patch per kit so we recommend purchasing for however many children want to do the activities!
Will you make another summer camp kit?
- If our families love these kits, YES! We will make an expansion pack to continue the fun. Be sure to let us know if you want this!