Winter Camp 2022
REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO 11:59 PM on SUNDAY, 12/25
Winter Camp 2022: It's cooler!
December 27 - 30, 2022
Cherokee Scout Reservation
Winter Camp provides Scouts an opportunity to earn merit badges and participate in activities not available during summer camp while practicing their cold-weather camping skills.
These are the required forms for all participants.
1) BSA Medical Form Parts A, B, C
- Requires a doctor's signature
- The physical form must not be dated before 12/01/2021
2) Pre-event Medical Screening Form
- Must be completed the day you arrive in camp
- If you are unwell, please do not attend
3) Shooting Sports Hold Harmless
- For everyone who intends to participate in shooting sports activities while at winter camp
- This includes youth and adults
Who: Winter Camp is open to Scouts BSA, Venturers, Sea Scouts, and their adult leaders
Scouts and adult volunteers may participate in winter camp with their unit, with our provisional unit, or as day campers.
Merit Badges & Activities
Over 25 merit badges, games, cracker barrels, an epic klondike derby, cold weather camping activities, campfires, and other unique programs such as ATV Power Sports, Muzzle Loading Rifle Shooting, Basic Life Support and First Aid Training, Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS) and Wilderness First Aid.
Date: December 27 - 30, 2022
For Traditional Campers and Provisional Campers:
|If paid in full by 11:59 pm on November 27||$215||$125|
|If paid in full after 12:00 am on November 28||$240||$125|
*All units receive two free adults to ensure the unit is in compliance with BSA Youth Protection policies.
Units may use the Parent Portal tool in Black Pug to collect payment.
For Day Campers:
- Scouts - $60 per day
- Adults - $25 per day
Registration closes at 11:59 pm on Sunday, December 25, 2022.
Leader and Family Information Session
We will host a leader and family information session via Zoom on Sunday, November 6 at 8:30 pm.
Register for the leader and family information session using this link.
Leader & Family Guides
Can be found in the attachments in the lower right-hand corner of this page.
Merit Badge & Activity Enrollment:
- Scouts and adult leaders will be able to enroll in merit badges, activities, and training starting at 8:00 pm on Sunday, November 13.
- Scouts must be paid in full in order to access merit badge enrollment.
- Merit badge and activity enrollment will close on Friday, December 16 at 11:59 pm.
Memorabilia pre-orders end on Thursday, December 8 at 11:59 pm.
- During registration, the unit will request a campsite.
- Campsite assignments will be made by the camp director to maximize the use of the Adirondacks
- All campsites have electricity
- Units will be able to build fires in designated fire circles
Access to Restrooms and Water
- All of our shower houses have been retrofitted to allow access to running water in the bathrooms and shower rooms.
- Units should plan to create a handwashing station within the campsite, as water that flows through exposed pipes will be shutoff...this includes exterior sinks on the shower houses and sinks in the campsite latrines.
- Scouts will have access to sinks in the dining hall and other heated buildings.
Heat, Fire, Warmth
- Some of our spaces have heat – OA Lodge, STEM Labs, Dining Hall, Headquarters, Health Lodge, Nature Lodge
- Many of our instructional spaces will have access to fire – Handicraft lodge, FROGS Shelter, Scoutcraft, campsites
- Patio heaters will be used to warm some exterior spaces such as the DIning Hall Shelter and Anderson Shelter.
- Meals will be served in the dining hall
- Meals begin with supper on December 27 and end with lunch on December 30
- Campers will depart camp prior to supper on December 30
Camp Director - Bud Harrelson at email@example.com.
Cherokee Scout Reservation
Tuesday 12-27-2022 2:00 PM ET to
Friday 12-30-2022 6:00 PM ET Past
Coords: 36.354627, -79.374148
3296 Boy Scout Camp Road
Yanceyville, North Carolina 27379
12-26-2022 12:00 PM