Seabadge Course SB-66-AZ-2022
TITLE: Seabadge Course SB-66-AZ-2022 ONLINE COURSE
DATES: September 17-18 & 24-25
Basic Course Overview
Seabadge is an advanced leadership development experience open to anyone at least 18 years old, registered in any capacity, either youth or adult, in the Boy Scouts of America or in its supporting organizations. Seabadge is a participatory experience. There will be intense involvement of the participants and faculty in seminars, workshops, role playing, discussions and activities. Crews of participants will complete and present a project developed during the course to their peers and the faculty.
The course is delivered virtually (Zoom or MS Teams or Google Meet) and will consist of two Phasess, BOTH OF WHICH. ARE MANDATORY!
Phase 1 are the Crew Meetings to be sheduled such that at lease 2 crew meetings will be held prior to the start of Phase 2
Phase 2 is the main instructional phase and consists of two, two days weekends or (optionaly one three days session
Prior to the start of Part 2 please complete Sea Scout Adult Leader Basic Training (SSALBT) available in the BSA Learing Center catalog.
- Introduce the Sea Scout program to prospective new Sea Scout leaders as well as adult leaders from other BSA programs.
- Help adult leaders learn to develop and empower youth leaders in the context of the Sea Scout program.
- Provide management, leadership, and presentation skills and tools to adult leaders so that they may use and share them with others in their day-to-day Sea Scout activities.
- Prepare adult leaders to use the skills and tools acquired at Seabadge to improve the quality of the Sea Scout program within their districts and councils.
- Encourage the development of lifelong contacts and sharing of resources by and between course participants and staff.
During the Seabadge course, staff members must wear the official Sea Scout uniform (formerly called New Century Universal Uniform) as described in the Sea Scout Manual. Staff must not wear legacy uniforms (including dress uniforms). Virtual course staff are not exempt from this requirement.
Seabadge staff members must comply with uniform rules outlined in the Sea Scout Manual and the BSA Guide to Awards and Insignia.
During the Phase 2 Seabadge course, participants must wear the official Scout uniform for their program (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts)