September 25-27, 2015; 7AM Friday - 7PM Sunday
*early arrival option on Thursday evening for no additional cost
Camp Cedars, Cedar Bluffs, NE
$225 per person until June 1, 2015.
$250 per person beginning August 1, 2015.
Requirements for Powder Horn:
- Must be a registered BSA adult, Boy Scout at least 14 years old, or a member of a Venturing Crew.
- Youth must have unit leader approval and have completed either Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) or Crews (ILSC) OR National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
- Adults must be trained for their position
- All participants must complete the following training:
- Venturing Youth Protection (only Venturing training will be accepted)
- Hazardous Weather
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Climb on Safely
- Meet the requirements in the Annual Health and Medical Record physical in a back country environment
Each registrant must complete the BSA Annual Health & Medical Record, parts A-C. Other items to be brought to the course can be found in the participant equipment list in the attachments section.
This is a resource course designed to help the unit provide an interesting and exciting program for the older youth and adult leaders. This course will give the unit the tools and resources to safely conduct outdoor/high adventure type activities. It is for any older youth or adult interested in experiencing a unit level, high adventure program!
The course list will be coming soon, but here is a sample list of some of the courses that may be offered:
- Leave no trace
- Shooting Sports
- Expedition Planning
- Canoeing/Kayaking/Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Wilderness First Aid/Survival
- Outdoor Living History
Course Staff Advisor
Durham Scout Center
12401 W. Maple Rd
Omaha, Nebraska 68164
Friday 09-25-2015 7:00 AM to
Sunday 09-27-2015 7:00 PM PastCamp Cedars Map this event
2911 County Rd 15
Cedar Bluffs, Nebraska 68015