Click here for more information!
The Summit Bechtel Reserve, a world class, sustainable, Jamboree site, will be the site of the 2019 World Scout Jamboree. The Summit Bechtel Reserve is located in West Virginia, USA, and is comprised of more than 14,000 acres of beautiful forested mountains adjacent to more than 70,000 acres of national park in the scenic New River Gorge area of West Virginia.
Our program will capture the four core values of The Summit Bechtel Reserve: adventure, service, sustainability, and leadership. The foundations of Scouting are as much a part of SBR as the zip lines, mountain bike trails, and BMX ramps.
UPDATE (10/29/17): The USA Contingent application system will open on November 1, 2017 at https://wsj2019.us/apply/!
- BSA's allotment at the World Jamboree: 7,200 participants in 180 units (36 youth, 4 adults each)
- Youth eligibility: age 14-17 (born between July 22, 2001 and July 21, 2005)
- Adult eligibility: prospective leaders fill out an application with final approval and decision coming from the U.S. contingent leadership (born before July 22, 2001)
- Cost: $2,500 ($2,400 with $250 deposit paid by January 31, 2018 and all payments made on time)
- What youth will do: Cook, camp and participate in the Jamboree program with your troop or crew. That plus meet people from around the world, participate in high-adventure programs and have a true cultural experience.
- What adult leaders will do: Facilitate troop and crew travel, ensure the health and safety of Jamboree participants, and help the youth make the most of their experience.
Interested individuals can find out more information about joining the BSA contingent or serving on staff at https://wsj2019.us/.
Hosted by: MAC