A Catholic Camporee: Footsteps of an American Saint, Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
The Catholic Camporee is a combination of fun Scout activities and Catholic faith activities. Some of the highlighted activities include archery, BMX Pump Track, Tomahawk Throw, Mass, and a chance to earn the Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Patch from the National Catholic Committee on Scouting's American Saint Series.
HOW TO REGISTER
- This event will have some catholic content but is open to everyone. If you are in a unit that is not a Catholic Chartered Unit, contact Tony Steenkolk or Ken LaCrosse for the registration link.
- If you are attending with a Catholic Chartered Unit, please contact your Unit Leader. They will provide the link to complete the registration.
DATES AND TIMES OF EVENT
Start Time: 5:00 pm Friday, October 1, 2021 End Time: 11:30 am Sunday, October 3, 2021
COST OF EVENT
$20 - Early discount fee per person if paid in full by August 31, 2021. $30 - Regular fee per person fee automatically begins on September 1, 2021. No exceptions to this fee if registering after the early discount date ends. Please also bring 1 canned food item per person as a donation for a local food bank.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER: September 24, 2021 (11:59 PM).
- Pay online by 11:59 PM.
- Offline/mail-in payments must be made at the council office and applied online before 5 PM. This option ends on September 3.
NOTE: All registrations completed starting September 4 will require online payments, so don't wait to register if you prefer to pay this way.
ACTIVITY STATIONS (to include some or all):
- Tomahawk throw
- BMX Pump Track
- Native American foods and games
- Activities to learn about Saint Kateri and her faith life
- Also opportunities for Catholic prayers, Catholic Mass, Flashlight Rosary walk, Campfire program.
WHO CAN ATTEND
Open to Scouts of all ages, but geared for those ages 11-17 Two-deep adult leadership is required for Packs, Troops, and Crews. Scouting families may register and stay together as a patrol if no one else is registered from the Pack, Troop, or Crew.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE NEIC CATHOLIC COMMITTEE
Tony Steenkolk, Event Co-chair - Email: ScouterTonySteenkolk@gmail.com
Ken LaCrosse, Event Co-chair - Email: Klacrosse@comcast.net
Jonathan Martin, Council Staff Advisor - Email: Jonathan.Martin@scouting.org
Hosted by: NIC
Where: Camp Sol R Crown
11651 304th Ave
Trevor, WI 53179