National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
NOTE: Only Scoutmasters, Crew Advisors, and Sea Scout Skippers (NOT parents) can register Scouts for this course!
NYLT challenges each participants' mental, physical and emotional condition. Participants who come to the course are assigned at random to patrols to work together. As a patrol, they will cook, attend presentations, and function together with spirit and teamwork. This course is a demanding program that does not offer field sports, merit badges, or a regular trading post. NYLT gives participants the confidence, knowledge and leadership skills to run their units' program. NYLT will allow participants to share ideas and experiences with their Scouting peers. It will provide an opportunity to experience Scouting at its best, enhance the relationship between the participant and his or her adult leaders, and be lots of fun for every participant.
When: Sunday July 30, 2017 - Saturday August 5, 2017 (course check in will begin at noon on Sunday, July 30 and ends at 9AM on Saturday, August 5)
Where: Camp Cedars
Cost: $275 per Scout ($225 if registered and paid for prior to March 15)
Registrations are limited to ONLY 2 registrations per unit before March 1. Unlimited registrations per unit on or after March 1 based on space availability. Once the overall participant capacity is reached, a waitlist will be started.
NYLT Participant Requirements
- Be a First Class Scout before the start of the course
- Be at least 13 years old by the start of the course
- Be recommended by his Scoutmaster to attend the course
- Complete Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) prior to the course
- Have parent permission
Venturer or Sea Scout:
- Be 14-20 years old, or at least 13 years old and have completed the 8th grade at the start of the course
- Be recommended by his or her Crew Advisor or Skipper to attend the course
- Complete (for Venturers) Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews (ILSC) or (for Sea Scouts) Introduction to Leadership Skills for Ships (ILSS) training prior to the Conference
- Have parent permission (if under 18)
Each registrant must complete the Health Form Parts A - C. Click here to download a copy.
Sunday 07-30-2017 12:00 PM CT to
Saturday 08-05-2017 9:00 AM CT Past