Camp runs Monday, October 13th - Friday, October 17th. Drop off from 8:00am-9:00am and pick up from 4:00pm-6:00pm at our "home base" the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
Scouts will spend each day learning by doing. Scouts will work with education development experts with the Indiana State Museum, Conner Prairie, Indiana State Fair Education Programs and Microsoft to participate in a unique and exciting STEM-based activities.
Some of the great activities we will do:
- Farm to Pizza - from meeting the livestock to working on a mock farm, your Scout will explore the journey of pizza from the farm to their plate.
- Exploring biotechnology
- The science and physics of ice and the sports we play on it
- Expedition! (an Oregon Trail style live experience)
- Behind the scenes tour of the fossil area at the Indiana State museum
- Spear Throwing
- Aeronautical Design
- Explore the wide variety of historic areas at Conner Prairie (1836 Prairietown, Civil War Journey, Lenape Camp), Animal Encounters, the Conner Prairie Nature Walk and the new Create.Connect exhibit.
- Water quality journey
- Lots more!
Scout staff and volunteers will give supervision and support to your Scout as they explore these great activities!
Outdoor Program Assistant
Golden-Burke Scout Center
7125 Fall Creek Rd N
Indianapolis, Indiana 46256
2014 Cub Scout Fall Break Day Camp
Monday 10-13-2014 8:00 AM to
Friday 10-17-2014 6:00 PM PastIndiana State Fairgrounds Map this event
1202 E 38th
Indianapolis, Indiana 46205