RSR Summer Camp 2020 **CANCELLED**
**Register NOW for 2020 Summer Camp!**
Current Updates from RSR Leadership (4-29-2020)
- View the most recent Letter from the Camp Director HERE!
- WEEK 1 CANCELED! It is with a heavy heart that we have canceled Week 1 (June 14th - 20th) of Summer Camp. Unit Leaders, please talk to your scouts and parents to see what week you would like to move your troop to. When a decision has been made, please email email@example.com to make the changes (Please do not contact Dee!)
-We are discussing the possibility of switching up our usual July schedule to and offering a week of summer camp late July in between Cub Scout Resident sessions. There is also discussion of hosting some merit badges virtually and some for an all-day session at camp in very small groups (no bigger than 10).
- Please take our survey! We want to hear from you and what kind of summer camping experience you want this summer. Survey is made to be completed by youth, adult leaders, and parents. Please share this survey to be completed by Friday, May 1st!
- In anticipation of many family schedules and plans being affected by the current "Shelter in Place", we will be putting together and organizing adult leadership for Provisional Troops available weeks 3 and 4. These Provisional Troops will be for scouts who want to attend summer camp and cannot attend with their unit. With that, we are looking for adult volunteers to help lead these units. If selected, these adult leaders will camp for free the week of summer camp they volunteer for. An online application will be available soon.
2020 Leader's Guide - Click Here!
2020 Program Guide - Click Here!
2020 Merit Badge Schedule - Click Here!
Annual Health and Medical Report (a.k.a health form) - Click Here!
NEW in 2020
Old Shower House Renovations: The council executive board approved a budget for the Old Shower House to be refurbished. This project will be completed just in time for campers to enjoy this summer at camp.
Pre-camp T-shirt orders: 2020 summer camp shirts will be able for online preorders. Get the camp shirt customized with your unit number and mailed directly to you before camp starts. Check back here in the next few weeks for the website link to order shirts.
Adult Kayak Races: Let's get the adult leaders out of the campsite and onto the waters with this new camp event. We will see who is the fastest. Camp Cup points may be up for grabs as well.
Camp Work Days: There is a lot to do around camp to get it ready for the 2020 camping season and we need your help! If you, your family, and your unit are interested in helping attend one of our regularly scheduled work days (a.k.a. Beaver Days) or schedule your own day to come out to camp. Check out our list of Camp Improvement Projects for more information.
Letters from the Camp Director
- April 27th: Click Here for letter on Week 1 cancelation and camp survey. Please share the survey with the parents of your scouts.
- April 20th: Click Here for letter on Early Bird extension, current FAQ, camp progress, and how to make a campsite deposit.
- April 13th: Click Here for letter on steps we are taking at camp, refunds for 2020, changes we are looking at, and corrections to address.
- March 17th: Click Here for letter on Addressing COVID at Camp.
- Early March: Click Here for letter on Debunking Camp Rumors.
Leader's Meeting Recordings
- April 1st Meeting: Click Here to view and listen to the video recording.
2020 Camp Leadership
Camp Director - Jim Thuot: James.R.Thuot@att.net
Program Director -
Camp Commissioner - Bob McMillin firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Advisor / Business Manager - Alexis Yakich: Alexis.Yakich@scouting.org
Upcoming Important Dates to Know
April 26th, 2020 - Unit Early Bird registration deposit due before midnight
June 7th, 2020 - Week 2 Dietary Restriction forms due
June 14th, 2020 - Week 3 Dietary Restriction forms due
June 21st, 2020 - Week 4 Dietary Restriction forms due
Looking forward to having you at RSR this summer!
Take a look at the Campsite assignments below before registering.
If there is a troop name in a space for a campsite, it means they have that site for the week.
If you see your troop name in a campsite, that means your troop has reserved that campsite for that week. As a unit you will need to go in and sign up the individual scouts that will be attending the camp.
Sunday 06-14-2020 12:00 PM CT to
Saturday 06-20-2020 11:00 AM CT Past
Sunday 06-21-2020 12:00 PM CT to
Saturday 06-27-2020 11:00 AM CT Past
Sunday 06-28-2020 12:00 PM CT to
Saturday 07-04-2020 11:00 AM CT Past
Sunday 07-05-2020 12:00 PM CT to
Saturday 07-11-2020 11:00 AM CT