Garden State Council NYLT 2022
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is the premier week-long outdoor leadership experience geared toward both present and future leaders within the troops, crews, and ships around Garden State Council. Participants will be engaged in hands-on training led by South Jersey’s finest youth staff that will cover criteria essential to leading within your unit, school, and life. Not only that, but your experience will reflect “one month in the life of your unit”, as characterized by the Official National BSA NYLT Course. All this within a fun, risk-free, scout-friendly environment.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Be a youth; AT LEAST 13 years old by 7/31/22
- Have achieved 1st Class Rank by 7/31/22 (Scouts BSA Only)
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law
- Have knowledge of basic outdoor skills (cooking, fire building, knots/lashings)
- Be willing to practice their new NYLT skills with their home unit
- Have Unit Leader recommendation
- Completed the “Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops/Crews/Ships”
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Any Scout who currently holds or is planning to hold a unit leadership position in the near future who fits the minimum age and rank requirements.
- Scouts looking to improve their leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Scouts who want to learn how to be better citizens in their home, unit, and school.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- It’s Fun!
- Leadership skills from NYLT will help you in Scouting, School, and Life!
- Make long-time friends from all over Southern New Jersey and BEYOND!
- To use the knowledge taken from this course and enhance the lives of Scouts in your home Unit.
- Did we say it’s FUN?