NRA Training Weekend
NRA Instructor Training
April 19-21, 2024
Save the Date for the 2024 event! Please see below for 2022 information.
Join us this weekend for NRA Instructor Certification Training led by Billy Hartsfield. We will be training on how to teach others to safely operate a rifle and shotgun and how to operate both ranges. This certification is good for 2 years. Must be age 21 or over.
COST: $150 per person for all three certifications, $55 per certification if only need one or two. Basic Instructor Training is required for all firearm certifications.
CLASS LIMIT 12
This weekend will include:
- Basic Instructor Training (6 hours) (Friday Night)
- Rifle Instructor Training Course (9 hours) (Saturday Only)
- Shotgun Instructor Training Course (9 hours) (Sunday Only)
- Friday at the Council Office - BIT (Basic Instructor Training) 4:00pm to 10:00pm
- Saturday at Wallwood Boy Scout Reservation Dining Hall - 8am to 1pm. Range time from 1pm to 5pm
- **Saturday Night Accommodations are available for no extra fee upon request**
- Sunday at Wallwood Boy Scout Reservation Dining Hall - 8am to 1pm. Range time from 1pm to 5pm
- Ammo and Supplies
- Course Materials
**Please do not bring personal ammunition. Firearms and ammo will be provided.**
- Food is not provided, so please plan to bring your own lunch.
- Camp chairs - recommended
- Personal items
- BSA Medical Form A and B
PREREQUISITE: Shooting qualification is required prior to the NRA weekend for rifle and shotgun. Course attendees must participate in the NRA Prequalification Shoot on Saturday, April 15 from 10 am to 1 pm at Wallwood. If you cannot attend this event but are still interested in obtaining a shooting sports certification, please contact Charlie Boyle at email@example.com to discuss. Note: If you are already an NRA Certified Instructor in rifle or shotgun and need a renewal, please contact Charlie with your credentials so we can add you to the list of course instructors.
If you are a NRA instructor or BSA certified instructor and you'd like to become involved in this event as a trainer or on the Shooting Sports Committee, please reach out to Charles Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org and Billy Hartsfield at email@example.com.