Fall Canoe Race 2020
Spend a day on the Brazos River at Worth Ranch! Parent and Youth Teams are Welcome.
Lunch, boats, equipment, T-shirts, & awards provided. Open to Scouts, Venturers, Explorers, and adults. All must be swimmers. Camping is open all weekend.
6-Mile Race only in 2020.
NEW for 2020 - we have modified the race with Covid-19 Safety Protocols!
Units must report to the check-in station upon arrival and undergo temperature screening along with the health screening questions for every participant. Covid-19 paperwork ("Health Screening questionnaire" and "BSA Acknowledgement of Risk" form), must be turned in upon arrival, either Friday night or Saturday morning.
- We are limiting the number of participants who can register for each race weekend to 275.
- All units will pre-register and pick their own ARRIVAL TIME, RACE CHECK-IN TIME, and BOAT PICKUP / START TIME.
- Start times will be spaced in order to prevent crowds and allow units to easily follow social distancing guidelines with respect to other groups.
- We will stretch the race out over four or five hours of start times in order to avoid crowding at check-in, at the Boat and Equipment checkout area, at the put in to begin the race, on the river, and at the take out as they come off the river.
- Units will receive their Canoe Race BOAT Information Forms by email. Bring the completed forms to RACE CHECK-IN to get your race numbers.
- We will have Arrival Screeners and dedicated Sanitizing staff.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of high touch items and facilities like bathrooms and showers will take place several times each day.
- Bathrooms and shower facilities will be fogged with a bleach solution.
- There is no 14 mile race this fall.
- A limited # of kayaks will be available.
- Personal kayaks and canoes are still allowed.
- The indoor Saturday night spaghetti supper and group awards ceremony is cancelled due to hygiene and social distancing concerns, and the price is dropped.
- Awards will be calculated and times posted in the dining hall and online. Awards will be delivered to units that are camping at their campsites on Saturday evening.
- Covid-19 paperwork must be turned in for EACH PERSON on arrival at the Ranger Station:
- "Health Screening Questionnaire"
- "BSA Acknowledgement of Risk" form.
6:30 a.m.–.................. RACE CHECK-IN begins - by appointment. One Leader turns in Canoe Race Boat Information Forms and picks up race numbers, driving directions, maps, lunches, and Race Wristbands.
8:00 a.m..................... First BOAT PICKUP / START TIME.
8:15 a.m...................... First 6-Mile race start
8:00 a.m.–1:30 PM ... 6-Mile Race Start Times - by appointment.
5:00 PM ..................... 6-Mile river races ends
7:00-8:00 PM ............. Awards Announced & delivered (as soon as they are ready)
Friday 09-25-2020 5:00 PM CT to
Sunday 09-27-2020 10:00 AM CT
Fall Canoe 2020 Race 4
Friday 10-02-2020 5:00 PM CT to
Sunday 10-04-2020 10:00 AM CT
Fall Canoe 2020 Race 2
Friday 09-18-2020 5:00 PM CT to
Sunday 09-20-2020 10:00 AM CT