Rocket Academy 2021
3… 2…1… BLAST OFF at Rocket Academy!
The camp Dining Hall will be transformed into the Missile Building Hangar, as parents and Cub Scouts come together to design their very own Rocket.
It’s a family event with lots of fun activities!
Cub Scouts and families get to assemble and paint their own rockets, place the decals, and in the afternoon follow the Launch Director’s commands and launch their rockets.
NEW Covid-19 Check-In Procedures:
- Attendance has been limited as necessary to prevent crowding. Camping will be limited to one unit per campsite.
- Event is redesigned to make it easier to do the event as a Day Trip.
- Arrival, check-in, and program/start times will be spread out by appointment to avoid crowds.
- BB & Archery and Rocket Launch times by appointed times.
- Public restrooms and portajons will be regularly sanitized.
- Bounce houses have been retired until the pandemic is over.
- Masks are required.
- Events with frequently touched items are redesigned for cleaning and sanitizing between uses. Example: BB guns will be sanitized for each Scout.
- Everyone must bring a pair of work gloves to use while doing all the lawn games and activities. Sanitizing and handwashing supplies will be provided. It is encouraged to bring your own sanitizing for hand cleaning as well.
Activities: The activities begin at 10:00 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m. Your pack is free to go to whichever activities they choose - there is no set rotation. Please observe proper hygiene and social distancing at all times. *Note: Activities are slightly different depending on which camp and event you attend.
Lunch: Lunch is from 12 noon - 1:00 p.m.. Lunch is a Trail Mix or Beef Lunch picked up at the dining hall or delivered to the campsite. Activities will be closed down from Noon-1:00 p.m. so our hard working volunteers can enjoy lunch.
Supper: Supper is 6:30 p.m.. Supper is a larger meal, it will be delivered to the campsite or the pack can pick it up from the dinning hall.
Departure: Chapel is over around 9:25 a.m. Time to head home! Everyone should police each campsite before leaving. Remember that a scout is clean and always leaves a campsite cleaner than when they found it. Trash must be packed out. Camp closes at 11:30, if you plan to stay longer, you must clear this with the staff and the Ranger.