Powder Horn 2021
Powder Horn 2021
High Adventure Resource Training
for Troop & Crew Leaders
September 10-12 and 25-26 at Camp Tahuaya
Co-Sponsored by Longhorn Council and Capitol Area Council.
Producing a quality outdoor program that will keep your Scouts engaged is an ongoing challenge. It requires a constant infusion of new ideas, the know-how to accomplish new activities, and contacts that can guide you along the way. Texas Powder Horn is your premier source for all of this and so much more.
Gain hands-on experience, network with your fellow Scouters, and share experiences to strengthen your program and deliver on the promise of Scouting.
Longhorn Council and Capitol Area Council are proud to co-host this year's Powder Horn training course at Longhorn Council’s beautiful Camp Tahuaya, located near Belton, Texas.
During Powder Horn, we “learn by doing” with expert consultants who demonstrate the skills and explain where resources, such as equipment, facilities, guides, instructors, and certifications can be obtained. You will sample the activities yourself so you will know how much fun your unit will be able to have. We recruit an all-star staff of experienced Scouters and experts from all over Texas to guide you through the adventure! Then we help you bring ideas back to your unit with resources and a network of knowledgeable Scouters to offer advice and answer questions.
It is fun with a purpose!
Who Should Attend?
- Youth leaders - age 14 or older; youth must have completed his/her unit’s version of leadership training (ie. ILST, ILSC, ILSS)
- New adult leaders - that may lack experience in high adventure
- Experienced adult leaders - that feel their unit is in a rut
- Cub Scout leaders - looking for ideas for their Pack or getting ready to transition to a Troop
- Other registered adults - that may have been sitting on the sidelines
- Texas Powder Horn is for ALL BSA adult leaders and mature youth leaders 14 years or older!
- Five Full Days over two weekends.
- 1st Weekend: Friday morning through Sunday afternoon.
- 2nd Weekend: Sat morning - Sun afternoon *optional program for Friday evening the 24th; details to follow
- No refunds after August 27, 2021.
- Registered member of BSA.
- Adults must have completed youth protection [YPT] and training for their position.
- Youth must be age 14 or older; youth must have completed his/her unit’s version of leadership training (ie. ILST, ILSC, ILSS). We highly encourage youth participants to attend with a parent or adult leader from their unit.
- Meet BSA physical requirements. Bring a current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (parts A, B, C).