Council Pinewood Derby 2020
The race is ongoing throughout the day on Saturday February 22, 2020
Arrive, check-in, race, depart.
Times are recorded electronically with winners announced by Monday, March 9th.
Racers choose their check-in time and race time when they preâregister
Weigh-in Time is 30 minutes before your race time.
Pre-register for a check-in time.
Saturday: 9:00 am (Lions/Tigers), Noon (Wolves/Bears), & 3:00 PM (Webelos/AOLs)
Lions,Tigers, Wolves, Bears, Webelos, and Arrow of Light scouts, as well as adults and siblings, can enter and race on the electronic track.
All cars will race once in each lane- 6 times. Times are recorded electronically throughout the day (and by hand, as a backup).
Winners to be announced & times published on the Council website Mon., March 9th
(For more information on rules and regulations refer to Cub Scout Grand Prix Guidebook).
All cars must pass inspection to qualify for the race. The inspection points are as follows:
1. The car must have been made within the current year.
2. The width of the car shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches.
3. The car length shall not exceed 7 inches.
4. The weight of the car shall not exceed 5 ounces.
5. Axles, wheels, and body wood shall be as provided in the BSA kit. Car wheels/tires shall not be sharpened to a “V” rim (must be flat).
6. Wheel bearings, washers, and brushing are prohibited.
7. The car shall not ride on any kind of springs.
8. Any details added must be within width, length, and weight limits.
9. The car must be freewheeling with no starting devices.
10. No loose material of any kind (such as a lead shot) allowed in the car.
11. The official number on race day must be clearly marked and visible on both side of the car.
Texas Motor Speedway
Saturday 02-22-2020 8:00 AM CT to
Sunday 02-23-2020 3:00 PM CT Past