NRA Instructor Training Spring 2020
NRA Rifle and Shotgun Instructor Training Courses
NRA Instructor certification is required to run a rifle or shotgun range for Scouts and Venturers and to be a Rifle Shooting Merit Badge or Shotgun Shooting Merit Badge counselor.
This series of courses is for Scouters interested in becoming an NRA instructor. The Longhorn Council Shooting Sports Committee is offering the required NRA classes to become an instructor, along with NRA Range Safety Officer (RSO) class and the Texas Hunter Education Student Course. The courses take one Saturday plus two full weekends.
Here are the new NRA requirements for NRA Rifle Instructor and Shotgun Instructor certification:
- Take the NRA Basic class in the specific disciplines of Rifle and/or Shotgun. These are the basic student classes.
- Take the Basic Instructor Training (BIT) course. 6 hours. Good for 2 years.
- Take the Rifle Specific Instructor class (up to 14 hours) and/or the Shotgun Specific Instructor class (up to 10 hours).
COST: $225 for the complete series of courses over one Saturday and two full weekends.
- NRA Basic Rifle Shooting student class,
- NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting student class,
- BIT (Basic Instructor Training),
- NRA Rifle Instructor Specific,
- NRA Shotgun Instructor Specific,
- NRA Range Safety Officer (RSO) class, and
- Texas Hunter Education Student Course.
You will complete all the courses over one Saturday and two full weekends..
STEP 1. Take ONE of the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting and Basic Shotgun Shooting student class weekends on Jan. 25, or Feb 8, or Feb. 22. These classes are for those interested in becoming an NRA instructor in rifle and shotgun. Both Student Basic courses (rifle and shotgun) are covered in 8+ hours.
- Jan. 25, 2020. Tahuaya. 9:00 a.m.; or,
- Feb. 8, 2020. SR2. 9:00 a.m. ; or,
- Feb. 22, 2020. Worth Ranch. 9:00 a.m..
STEP 2. Take the two-weekend BIT and Instructor Specific Rifle and Shotgun Classes. These classes are for those interested in becoming an NRA rifle and shotgun instructor, AND who have completed the required Basic student classes for Rifle and Shotgun. Must attend both weekends.
- STEP 2, Weekend 1: Mar. 14-15, 2020. Worth Ranch .
- STEP 2, Weekend 2: Mar. 21-22, 2020. Worth Ranch.
All training materials provided. Bring a pencil / pen & pad, 1 copy each of current Rifle & Shotgun Merit Badge pamphlets, a good attitude, enthusiasm, camping gear, food and drinks for the weekend.
NOTE: You will responsible for sending your own NRA Application and appropriate NRA fees to the NRA headquarters.
For further information contact: Dennis Johnson, email@example.com
Saturday 01-25-2020 8:00 AM CT to 6:00 PM CT Past
NRA Instructor Courses starting Feb 8
Sid Richardson Scout Ranch
Saturday 02-08-2020 8:00 AM CT to 6:00 PM CT Past
NRA Instructor Courses starting Feb 22
Saturday 02-22-2020 8:00 AM CT to 6:00 PM CT Past