Cub Scout Family Adventures 2020
Cub Scout Family Adventure!
A Cub Scout family event with lots of fun activities!
NEW Covid-19 Check-In Procedures:
- Masks are required.
- Attendance has been limited as necessary to prevent crowding. Camping will be limited to one unit per campsite.
- Event is redesigned to make it easier to do the event as a Day Trip.
- Arrival, check-in, and program/start times will be spread out by appointment to avoid crowds.
- BB & Archery times by appointment.
- Public restrooms and portajons will be regularly sanitized.
- Bounce houses have been retired until the pandemic is over.
- Events with frequently touched items are redesigned for cleaning and sanitizing between uses. Example: BB guns will be sanitized for each Scout.
- Everyone must bring a pair of work gloves to use while doing all the lawn games and activities. Sanitizing and handwashing supplies will be provided.
Check-In: Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m.
Activities: The activities begin at 10:00 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m. BB and Archery begin at 9:00 am. Your pack is free to go to whichever activities they choose - there is no set rotation. Please observe proper hygiene and social distancing at all times. *Note: Activities are slightly different depending on which camp and event you attend.
Lunch: Lunch can be picked up by apppointment from 12:00 PM. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch this year is a Trail Mix lunch. Activities will be closed down from Noon-1:00 p.m. so our hard working volunteers can enjoy lunch.
Supper: Supper can be picked up or delivered by apppointment from 5:30 - 6:30 PM. Supper is a larger meal.
Campfire: There is a socially distanced campfire on Saturday night at the council ring. Packs or Dens will be given the chance to perform a skit, song, or story. All performances must be approved by the event director prior to campfire. We will meet at 8 p.m. to go as a group up to the council ring.
Chapel: Remember that a Scout is reverent and respects the rights of others to their religious beliefs. Chapel is a nondenominational socially distanced service at 9:00 a.m.
Departure: Chapel is over around 9:25 a.m. Time to head home! Everyone should police each campsite before leaving. Remember that a scout is clean and always leaves a campsite cleaner than when they found it. Trash must be packed out. Camp closes at 11:30, if you plan to stay longer, you must clear this with the staff and the Ranger.
Sid Richardson Scout Ranch
Friday 10-09-2020 6:00 PM CT to
Sunday 10-11-2020 10:00 AM CT