Lakeview Lodge Deer Hunt
Lakeview Lodge Managed Deer Hunts
Weekend deer hunts include 6 meals from Friday night thru Sunday lunch and lodging at a Lakeview Lodge cabin or dorm. Heated cabins and dorms with hot showers are offered for your comfort. There are 20 blinds – a mix of box and tree stands. Arrangements can be made to accommodate people with disabilities. The weekend hunts are limited to approximately 15 hunters, with guests. Lakeview Lodge offers hot meals each day and transportation to and from the blinds, if requested.
This year’s hunts will incorporate current Covid-19 protocols for hygiene, social distancing, masks, cleaning and sanitizing. For example, hunters in cabins will get a grill to cook their own big steak dinner at the cabin.
Our TPWD Wildlife Biologist has advised that we need to reduce the number of antlerless deer on the property. In order to prevent overpopulation and to increase the number of bucks available in the future, our prices this year are cheaper for hunters who shoot an Antlerless deer first versus a Buck, or who shoot only Antlerless.
Deer Hunt Cost: $450.00, $550.00, or $600.00 per gun (hunter) per weekend and $100 per non hunting guest. Only 15 hunters are booked for each weekend. A $300 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation. All hunts are rain or shine. We will place you in highly productive areas selected by experienced guides. While we cannot guarantee that you will harvest a deer during your stay, we do promise good food, good fellowship, and a weekend in the woods without any ZOOM meetings!
Maximum number of whitetail deer that can be harvested by one hunter on a hunt weekend is two.
- Option ONE: 1 Buck first and 1 Antlerless. $600. If a Buck is harvested first, the cost is $550.00. If the hunter wants to keep hunting and try to harvest an antlerless on day 2, then the 2nd deer tag will cost an additional $50.00 (for a total weekend cost of $600.00).
- Option TWO: Antlerless First $550. If an Antlerless is harvested first, the cost is $550.00 and the second deer, Buck or Antlerless is free.
- Option THREE: Antlerless Only. $450. If a hunter wants to shoot ONLY antlerless for the hunting weekend the cost is $450.00.
Hunters must ensure that an antlerless animal to be harvested does not meet the definition of a buck as defined in the TPWD Outdoor Annual.
- Non-Hunting guests 16 years of age and older are $100.00 each for the weekend.
- Non-Hunting guests 10 years of age to 15 are $50.00 each for the weekend.
- Non-Hunting guests 9 years of age and younger are Free.
For a small additional fee, our staff will process your deer for you. “Process” is defined as field dressing, skinning and quartering for transportation. Upon request, we will teach first-time hunters how to field dress/process their deer. The wildlife management program is managed by our volunteer Wildlife Management Committee with deer lease management and deer hunting experience.
Approximately 15 hunters are booked for each weekend. A $300 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your reservation.
Friday 11-06-2020 6:00 PM CT to
Sunday 11-08-2020 8:00 PM CT
Friday 11-27-2020 6:00 PM CT to
Sunday 11-29-2020 8:00 PM CT
Friday 12-11-2020 6:00 PM CT to
Sunday 12-13-2020 8:00 PM CT