Camp Phillips Adventure Week
SAVE THE DATE = SOME INFO SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Adventure week is an opportunity for Scouts 14+** to come to camp for a second week of fun and more advanced activities. Scouts will be staying at Fort Rice in comfortable accommodations. Adult leadership will be provided by Camp Phillips. Adults are encouraged to attend, but not required.
** Scouts that are 13 and completed 8th grade may attend as well.
Adventure Week Activities will be broken into different tracks which include:
- Aquatics Advanced Sailing will be the centerpiece of this track. Scouts will tour the Lake Superior Maritime Museum. There will be plenty of opportunity for swimming, paddling, and boating as well.
- Heavy Metal Advanced welding and blacksmithing projects. Tour manufacturing and welding facilities.
- Fishing Retreat Fish every lake at Camp Phillips and Bear Lake. Guided fishing all week long.
- Shooting Sports Scouts will shoot everything that Camp Phillips has, including pistols, high power rifles, shotgun, cowboy action shooting, trap shooting, and black powder. Scouts will be challenged with several shooting competitions as well.
- Survivor Scouts will be staying on an “island” getaway. Tents are not allowed, scouts will craft shelter and hone their outdoor skills throughout the week.
- Hiking Camp Phillips is situated right on the Ice Age National Scenic Trail. Scouts will hike portions of this trail, as well as tour the Ice Age Trail
Check out our Camp Resources in the Attachments section of this page:
Note some 2023 resources are currently published. 2024 updates are anticipated February of 2024.
- Campership Form - a financial assistance form for youth in the Chippewa Valley Council
- CampPhillips.org - a website with an overview of our programs.
- Packing List - a list that each individual can print and check off when packing for camp.
- Health Form - a link to the BSA Health Form website. Be sure to click "Going to Camp" option. This will give you the most up-to-date form.
So you want to come to Adventure Week... What's next?
- Click the "$100 Pre-Register Deposit" button
- Enter an estimated number of youth and adults that will be attending with your troop. Enter a low end estimate, it's really easy to add to your registration.
- Enter required information.Check out and pay your deposit. You can either send a check with your reservation number or credit card payments are accepted.
- You will begin receiving email updates from us with reminders, updates, and changes.
- May 31st, make a payment to take advantage of Early Bird pricing.
|2024 Adventure Week Fees|
|Early Bird Rate
Registered and paid before 5:00 p.m. May 31st, 2024