67 Mustang Coupe Car Restoration
Exploring is partnering with Chippewa Falls High School as well as local restoration professionals to complete a car restoration of a ‘67 Mustang Coupe. Students will start with introduction to safety, PPE, and tools, then move to welding, metalwork, automotive maintenance, engine rebuild, paint, and interior. Students will work alongside professionals to rebuild, then sell, this car!
This is an ongoing project: students who are interested in metalwork and welding are encouraged to apply as spots are first come first serve and we will only be taking 5 more students for the October-December 2021 sessions. Students can then choose to leave, stay on for next 6-weekend session, or for the entire rebuild of the car. This program is flexible and we want the students to get the most out of this opportunity! Engine rebuild and conditioning is slotted for 2021-2022, but would happen at a different location while the body is being worked on.
Additionally, this project offers students an opportunity to learn about salesmanship, public speaking, media and journalism, communication, and more in the promotion and eventual sale of the restored 1967 Mustang Coupe. Come be a part of Post “1967” and learn valuable skills and training.
For questions, please contact Jodie at Jodie.Swanson@scouting.org or contact the Scout Service Center at 715 832-6671.
Sign up today for these exciting opportunities:
Car Restoration (limit 8 students)
**When you register for this program, you are registering for all of the Saturday sessions that happen until you leave or the car is complete.**
- Time: 6 hour sessions, 9a-3p
- Location: Chippewa Falls High School AutoShop (outer entrance)
- Sessions coordinated with the school and announced to members of the team (Current schedule is 10/2, 10/16, 10/23, 11/13, 12/4, and 12/11 to account for deer hunting and holiday schedules.)
- Future sessions continue with anyone from team willing to continue before more students will be added.
Media/Radio/Journalism with Marketing/Sales
Start date in Fall 2021 and continues until car has a new owner.
Work all aspects of sales and marketing, media/publicity, some money handling and accountability.
Attend some car showings and assist with ticket sales.
Will tie in nicely with the Media/Radio/Journalism.
Quarterly (1 every 3 month) session dates in 2021 and into 2022 to check update on car and work on any stories/articles.*
Look for these opportunities in the future:
Engine Build/Rebuild/Install (10) in Elk Mound
Start date hopefully in Fall 2021; dates not confirmed.
- Please reach out for more information before registering.
- Students will not be able to work on this engine session at the same time as body work session as they are in different locations.. but can do both sessions.
Chippewa Falls High School
Saturday 04-17-2021 10:00 AM CT to
Saturday 12-11-2021 11:59 PM CT