75 years and a New Beginning: Bear Paw Scout Camp Anniversary Celebration
Join Us in Celebrating
75 Years and a New Beginning
at Bear Paw Scout Camp
August 6-8, 2021
Bear Paw Scout Camp is celebrating its 75th anniversary with a weekend event. Beginning, Friday, August 6th, 2021, at 4:00 friends of camp, staff alumni and family will gather to commemorate this special moment in camp’s history. Events for the weekend include campfires, social and educational programs, as well as plenty of opportunities for socializing with new and old friends. A special camp dinner celebrating 75 years of Scouting at Bear Paw will occur Saturday evening. Registration is just $40 per person.
- Camp tours including past historical sites and future developments
- Museum of camp history, photos and memorabilia
- Camp program activities like shooting sports and cooking demonstrations
- Outdoor adventure and mountain biking
- Camp history story-telling, hourly staff decade photos & more
- Keynote speaker and 75th Anniversary dinner
- Evening campfires and cracker barrels
- Chapel service
For more details, our draft program schedule is posted to the Attachments section.
The meals included with registration are:
- Saturday Breakfast - traditional pancake-porky breakfast served on the parade grounds
- Saturday Lunch
- Saturday Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast - continental style
Youth: All Scouts under 18 years of age are required to have a signed parental permission slip (find in the attachment section).
All: Those staying overnight must bring Parts A & B of their Medical Form. Check-in opens at 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Event will conclude on Sunday with a closing ceremony at 9:00 am followed by good turns.
CAMPING & LODGING
- Tent camping on Bear Paw Scout Camp Property
- bring all your own gear including tent
- all gear must be carried from the parking lot, there will be wagons available
- no electricity is available in the campsites
- Limited travel trailer/RV spots in the Big Bear Parking Lot (water fill available, no dump station, no electricity, generator use during daytime hours)
- First come, first serve camping near the Bear Paw Lake Public Boat landing in the National Forest
- Mountain Springs Motel, 12482 WI-32, Suring, WI 54174 • (715) 276-2700
- Spur of the Moment Ranch, 14221 Helen Ln, Mountain, WI 54149 • (715) 276-3726
- Sleepy Hollow Motel, 5 State Hwy 22 E, Gillett, WI 54124 • (920) 855-2727
- Various Cottages & cabins for rent via services like VRBO and AirBNB
REBUILDING FOR THE FUTURE, CONSIDER GIVING BACK
As many of you know Bear Paw Scout Camp is undergoing renovations due to the July 2019 storms. One such renovation is the boat house/staff lodge (don't worry we saved the brownie/coffee cake) which was all but destroyed. As a way to leave a distinct lasting mark for camp and the 75th Anniversary, we will be focusing our donations towards rebuilding year-round staff lodging. You can start donating today, by clicking here, and as a thank you gift, we have a limited number of commemorative 75th Anniversary mugs, made by Bear Paw staff alumn, John Langer. For other changes going on at Bear Paw, including the new STEM/Maple Syrup Center, Nature Center and Staff Cabins visit the BPSC Facebook page.
Questions? Want to volunteer? Contact Alex Derr, Event Chair: email@example.com