Kettle Country Merit Badge Camporee
Kettle Country District cordially invites all troops and crews from across the Bay-Lakes Council to join our Merit Badge Camporee at the Dodge County Airport!
Friday, August 13, 2021 - Sunday, August 15, 2021
Dodge County Airport
N6491 Highway 26
Juneau, WI 53039
COST: $20.00 per youth; Adults & Staff No Cost BUT adults may be asked to assist with two deep leadership for merit badge sessions.
Schedule of events are within the Leaders Guide. Please review the Leaders Guide for information in regards to the weekend. All units will be assigned pods for their tent camping for the weekend. Units will be cooking all meals at their assigned pod campout area and will need to bring all food, equipment, etc needed to do so. Units are able to use portable fire pits, no fire directly on the ground. Hog pans are to be used to not burn the grass areas. Units must bring in their own locally sourced wood.
***INSTRUCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS AND THINGS TO DO IN ADVANCE***
1. Get approval from your Scoutmaster and a signed Blue Card to bring to the event; NO Blue Cards will be issued at the event.
2. Buy or borrow the appropriate merit badge book(s); study all information for each badge and complete the worksheet as a guide for your merit badge. This will enable Scouts to successfully discuss and communicate to their merit badge counselor their knowledge about the merit badge they are completing.
AVOID PARTIAL SIGN OFFS ---It is the Scouts responsibility to make sure that the entire worksheet is filled out and complete BEFORE the event -- NO exceptions. Merit Badges are earned, not given.
**Merit Badges are listed in the Flyer AND the Leaders Guide document.
THINGS TO BRING FOR MERIT BADGES:
1. Proof of completion for all requirements for merit badges (e.g. the completed worksheets, pictures, etc.) signed by Scoutmaster
2. Merit Badge Worksheets found at: http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/list.asp
3. Scoutmaster signed “Blue Card” for each merit badge you are registered for
4. The merit badge book (read in advance) for merit badge you will attend
5. Pen or pencil
6. Field Uniform (Class A)
**Scouts must be accompanied by two deep leadership, within a Troop (unit).
If you are available as an adult to volunteer for this event, please contact Becky Kikkert at email@example.com.
**Youth and Adults MUST bring a completed Health Form Parts A & B.
**Youth and Adults MUST bring a completed BSA COVID-19 pre-screening form.
Registration closes Tuesday, August 10, 2021