Voyageur Winter Rendezvous
A round robin style event where Scouts compete in Scout skills...with the famous sled race as the grand finale!
Saturday, February 6, 2021
Check in: 8:30 AM Event: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Green Isle Park 2500 Greene Avenue Green Bay, WI
Each Scout should have:
- Can of soup (no cream-based soups please, we like chicken, beef, or vegetable based only.)
- Bag Lunch
- Water bottle
- Cup for hot chocolate of coffee
- Scouting knowledge
Each Patrol should have:
- Sled (for hauling gear around the event and the sled race)
- Scout handbook
- Fire building supplies-no firewood please, just tinder, kindling, and a source of ignition.
- Handheld GPS or smartphone with app to find GPS coordinate location
- First Aid Supplies
- Please drop off your cans of soup at registration when you sign in (inside the pavilion)
- First aid will be located inside the heated pavilion
- Prepare for the weather. Dress is layers and watch out for frostbite/hypothermia. Move indoors to the heated pavilion if you have symptoms of either condition and notify the first aid station immediately.
- Troops bringing more than 10 participants should be prepared to have the group be split into two patrols
- Hot chocolate, coffee, and water will be available in the pavilion and at various locations around the park-Bring your favorite cup!
- Bring empty ice cream pails to take home any leftover Stone Soup!
Sled Race Rules:
- Each team must have a sled capable of holding one rider
- A team must include one musher, one rider and no more than three (3) dogs.
- All mushers, riders, dogs, and sled must cross the finish line before your time is counted.
- Continue running past the finish line to allow teams behind you room to finish the race.
- Each participant should be dressed in the same clothes and footwear they wore all day. Changing into running shorts and studded shoes will not be allowed.
- HAVE FUN!!!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Tod Salfai. email@example.com or 920-360-4246 (mobile)