Voyageur Winter Rendezvous
A round robin style event where Scouts compete in Scout skills...with the famous sled race as the grand finale!
Saturday, February 6, 2021
Check in: 8:30 AM Event: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Green Isle Park 2500 Greene Avenue Green Bay, WI
Please Note: Due to the changing COVID situation we may need to change locations, postpone, or cancel this event on short notice. In the event of a cancellation, full refunds will be processed after the event is scheduled to be held. All updates will be communicated through email, the District Newsletter, and the District Facebook page.
Each Scout should have:
- Can of soup (to be donated...see below.)
- Bag Lunch to be eaten outside by patrol.
- Water bottle
- Cup for hot chocolate of coffee
- Scouting knowledge
Each Patrol should have:
- Sled (for hauling gear around the event and the sled race)
- Scout handbook
- Fire building supplies-no firewood please, just tinder, kindling, and a source of ignition
- First Aid Supplies
- Please drop off your cans of soup at registration when you sign in (inside the pavilion) Please note that as a result of COVID concerns, we will not be having the traditional Stone Soup and Scouts will need to bring a bag lunch to be eaten outside by patrol. In the spirit of Scouting, canned soups will be donated to a local food pantry.
- First aid will be located inside the heated pavilion
- Prepare for the weather. Dress is layers and watch out for frostbite/hypothermia. Move indoors to the heated pavilion if you have symptoms of either condition and notify the first aid station immediately.
- Troops bringing more than 10 participants should be prepared to have the group be split into two patrols
- Hot chocolate, coffee, and water will be available in the pavilion and at various locations around the park-Bring your favorite cup!
Sled Race Rules:
- Each team must have a sled capable of holding one rider
- A team must include one musher, one rider and no more than three (3) dogs.
- All mushers, riders, dogs, and sled must cross the finish line before your time is counted.
- Continue running past the finish line to allow teams behind you room to finish the race.
- Each participant should be dressed in the same clothes and footwear they wore all day. Changing into running shorts and studded shoes will not be allowed.
- HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Tod Salfai. email@example.com or 920-360-4246 (mobile)
Saturday 02-20-2021 8:00 AM CT to 4:30 PM CT Past