Voyageur Winter Rendezvous
Scouts BSA Troops and Venture Crews welcome! The staff have worked hard to put together an amazing event and are excited to share it with your scouts. For the event, The Village of Allouez has granted us full access to Green Isle Park, including an indoor warming area complete with coffee and hot chocolate.
To ensure that all groups get the most out of this event, we have put together a few reminders:
Saturday, February 1, 2020
Check in: 8:30 AM
Event: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Green Isle Park
2500 Greene Avenue Green Bay, WIâ
What to bring:
Each scout should have:
- Can of soup (no cream-based soups please, we like chicken, beef, or vegetable based only.)
- Bag Lunch
- Water bottle
- Cup for hot chocolate of coffee
- Scouting knowledge
Each Patrol should have:
- Sled (for hauling gear around the event and the sled race)
- Scout handbook
- Fire building supplies-no firewood please, just tinder, kindling, and a source of ignition.
- Handheld GPS or smartphone with app to find GPS coordinate location
- First Aid Supplies
- Please drop off your cans of soup at registration when you sign in (inside the pavilion)
- First aid will be located inside the heated pavilion
- Prepare for the weather. Dress is layers and watch out for frostbite/hypothermia. Move indoors to the heated pavilion if you have symptoms of either condition and notify the first aid station immediately.
- Troops bringing more than 10 participants should be prepared to have the group be split into two patrols
- Hot chocolate, coffee, and water will be available in the pavilion and at various locations around the park-Bring your favorite cup!
- Bring empty ice cream pails to take home any leftover Stone Soup!
Sled Race Rules
- Each team must have a sled capable of holding one rider
- A team must include one musher, one rider and no more than three (3) dogs.
- All mushers, riders, dogs, and sled must cross the finish line before your time is counted.
- Continue running past the finish line to allow teams behind you room to finish the race.
- Each participant should be dressed in the same clothes and footwear they wore all day. Changing into running shorts and studded shoes will not be allowed.
- HAVE FUN!!!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Tod Salfai. email@example.com or 920-360-4246 (mobile)