2020 Gardening Merit Badge
Merit Badge: Gardening
Number of Scouts: 15 Glacier’s Edge Council Scouts
Counselor Name: Michelle Lopez and Clare Sessler
Counselor Email: email@example.com Please contact me if you have any questions.
Session Day, Date Time Requirements Covered
1 Monday, June 15th 2:00 pm 2:40 pm Intro/Overview, #1
Students need to complete Requirement 1 before class. It will be discussed in the 1st class.
This merit is one that will start in June and not be finished until the crops have been harvested. In addition, the Requirements will need to be done on your own with several check ins with your Merit Badge Counselor.
Begin the other Requirements.
2 Monday, August 24th 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm (Quick check in with your Merit Badge Counselor)
3 To be Determined. It depends on the harvesting of your crops.
A new merit badge class has been added for June. The Gardening Meror Badge is an elective Merit Badge and a great program to learn more about growing your own foods.
Please look over our schedule below; sign-up today because space is limited! LIMIT is the first 15 Glacier’s Edge Council Scouts that register.
In response to COVID-19, the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. will be offering the Family Life merit badge class online, June 15th from 2:00 pm to 2:40pm and Auguat 24th 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm and a date to be determined to any scout(s) involved in a Scouts BSA program. We believe that this will help support our youth and their families in these programs as our local communities have suspended all school and / or other group programs with no more than ten individuals present at one time.
The scout(s) should receive a link to log into their class the evening prior to their first class but no less than 24 hours before the start of the class. Scouts will use these links each day to receive live instruction from Ms. Michelle Lopez and Clare Sessler of Troop 471.
Requirements: Please review the merit badge requirement before registering for the class. Many requirements need to be completed at home with families. See the schedule for more information. When requirements are completed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scouts may only email Ms. Lopez directly if another leader or parent is copied.
Ms. Lopez will always have two deep leadership; however, this is fantastic information that even families may enjoy! They are all welcome to audit the class.
Overall, we believe that these online merit badge-based programs will make a great educational supplement to ongoing online efforts being made by our current public, private, and charter schools throughout our impacted region.
Blue cards will be provided digitally to the scout after the badge work is complete and only after the merit badge counselor has verified that the individual scout has completed all listed requirements under that specific merit badge (no need to worry about ScoutBook).
Additional Notes (Please Review)
Each scout must register separately so we can track their progress and attendance.
2) Current youth protection guidelines (two - deep leadership and no one-on-one contact) will be followed by all staff under the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. and its merit badge counselors always while working with youth and their families; more information can be found below: "Important Excerpts from Advancement Guidelines".
3) All merit badge classes are open to any scout(s) from Glacier’s Edge Council) that are currently participating in a Scouts BSA program; all times listed below are located in the Central time zone of the United States of America.
4) We strongly encourage and recommend that any scout(s) participating in these online classes receive verbal permission from their parents / guardians and their unit leader(s); more information (below) - "Virtual Merit Badge Guidelines
5) All live merit badge instruction will be provided by an online format called Zoom; an online portal.
6) Lastly, please be aware that Ms. Lopez and Ms. Clare Sessler, are venturing into a new method of merit badge administration. Please be patient as we work through the learning curves.
*Scouts may want an adult with them to help. Please be advised that if you are having technical difficulties, we will not have anyone available to help you accept and start your Zoom invitation. Please visit Zoom.com to see video tutorials on how to Join a Meeting.