2020 Personal Fitness Merit Badge session 2
Merit Badge : Personal Fitness Session 2
Number of Scouts: 15 Glacier’s Edge Council Scouts
Counselor Name: Tonya Kristiansen
Counselor Email: email@example.com
Session Day, Date Time Requirements Covered
1 Monday, June 8th 6:00 pm – 6:40 pm Introduction, #6 & 7
2 Wednesday, June 10th 6:00 pm- 6:40 pm #8, Homework Due # 6 & 7
Must begin #8
3 Wednesday, August 19th 6:00 pm – 6:40 pm #1 & 3
Homework Due #2 & 9
4 Wednesday, September 16th 6:00 pm – 6:40pm #4 & 5
Homework Due # 8
A new merit badge class has been added for June. The Personal Fitness is an Eagle Merit Badge and a great program to learn more about health, exercise, and nutrition. Please look over our schedule below; sign-up today because space is limited! LIMIT is the first 15 Glacier’s Edge Council Scouts that register.
In response to COVID-19, the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. will be offering the Personal Fitness merit badge class online, June 8th, June 10th, August 19th, and September 16th from 6:00 pm to 6:40 pm to any scout(s) involved in a Scouts BSA program. We believe that this will help support our youth and their families in these programs as our local communities have suspended all school and / or other group programs with no more than ten individuals present at one time.
Each session will consist of 40 minutes of instruction each day for four different sessions. The scout(s) should receive a link to log into their class the evening prior to their first class but no less than 24 hours before the start of the class. Scouts will use these links each day to receive live instruction from Ms. Tonya Kristiansen of Troop 471.
Requirements: Scouts must have had a physical and dental exam within the last year to participate. Also the BSA health and medical form (a&b) must be completed to participate. DO NOT email the form to Ms. Kristiansen. Please review the merit badge requirement before registering for the class. Requirements 2,6,7,8, & 9 will need to be completed at home with families. See the schedule for more information. When requirements are completed, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scouts may only email Ms. Kristiansen directly if another leader or parent is copied.
Ms. Kristiansen will always have two deep leadership; however, this is fantastic information that even families may enjoy! They are all welcome to audit the class.
Overall, we believe that these online merit badge-based programs will make a great educational supplement to ongoing online efforts being made by our current public, private, and charter schools throughout our impacted region.
Blue cards will be provided digitally to the scout after the badge work is complete and only after the merit badge counselor has verified that the individual scout has completed all listed requirements under that specific merit badge (no need to worry about ScoutBook).
Additional Notes (Please Review)
Each scout must register separately so we can track their progress and attendance.
2) Current youth protection guidelines (two - deep leadership and no one-on-one contact) will be followed by all staff under the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. and its merit badge counselors always while working with youth and their families; more information can be found below: "Important Excerpts from Advancement Guidelines".
3) All merit badge classes are open to any scout(s) from Glacier’s Edge Council) that are currently participating in a Scouts BSA program; all times listed below are located in the Central time zone of the United States of America.
4) We strongly encourage and recommend that any scout(s) participating in these online classes receive verbal permission from their parents / guardians and their unit leader(s); more information (below) - "Virtual Merit Badge Guidelines
5) All live merit badge instruction will be provided by an online format called Zoom; an online portal.
6) Lastly, please be aware that Ms. Kristiansen, is venturing into a new method of merit badge administration. Please be patient as we work through the learning curves.
*Scouts may want an adult with them to help. Please be advised that if you are having technical difficulties, we will not have anyone available to help you accept and start your Zoom invitation. Please visit Zoom.com to see video tutorials on how to Join a Meeting.