2020 Photography Merit Badge - class 2
What: : Photography Merit Badge
Limited to the first 15 Glaciers' Edge Council Scouts to register
Time: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Before the first class: Scouts need to complete Requirements 1, 2 & 3
Class 1 - May 19th, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm We will review answers to requirements 1, 2 & 3 in class. Homework for the next class is requirements 4 & 5.
Class 2 - May 21st, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm We will review answers to requirements 4 & 5 and we will do Requirements 6 together in class. Homework for the next class is requirements 6a, 6b or 6c and 7 & 8.
Class 3 - May 27th, 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm We will review answers to the homework assignment of requirements 7 & 8.
The Photography Merit Badge is a great program to learn more about photography with great projects to do by yourself or as a family. Please look over our schedule below; sign-up today because space is limited! LIMIT is the first 15 Scouts that register.
In response to COVID-19, the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. will be offering the Photography merit badge class online, April 28, 2020, May 5, 2020, and May 12, 2020 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm to any scout(s) involved in a Scouts BSA program. We believe that this will help support our youth and their families in these programs as our local communities have suspended all school and / or other group programs with no more than ten individuals present at one time.
Each session will consist of 60 minutes of instruction each day for three different sessions. The scout(s) should receive a link to log into their class the evening prior to their first class but no less than 24 hours before the start of the class.
Scouts will use these links each day to receive live instruction from Ms. Michelle Lopez of Troop 471. Scouts will have prerequisite of requirement #1 & #2 to be completed before the first session and various requirements to complete before the next session. Other Requirements that will be done between classes include Requirements 4, 5, 7 and 8. Scouts may review before class.
Ms. Lopez will always have two deep leadership; however, this is fantastic information that even families may enjoy! They are all welcome to audit the class.
Overall, we believe that these online merit badge-based programs will make a great educational supplement to ongoing online efforts being made by our current public, private, and charter schools throughout our impacted region.
Blue cards will be provided digitally to the scout after the badge work is complete and only after the merit badge counselor has verified that the individual scout has completed all listed requirements under that specific merit badge (no need to worry about ScoutBook).
Additional Notes (Please Review)
Each scout must register separately so we can track their progress and attendance.
2) Current youth protection guidelines (two - deep leadership and no one-on-one contact) will be followed by all staff under the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. and its merit badge counselors always while working with youth and their families; more information can be found at: "Important Excerpts from Advancement Guidelines".
3) All merit badge classes are open to any scout(s) from Glacier’s Edge Council) that are currently participating in a Scouts BSA program; all times listed below are located in the Central time zone of the United States of America.
4) We strongly encourage and recommend that any scout(s) participating in these online classes receive verbal permission from their parents / guardians and their unit leader(s); more information - "Virtual Merit Badge Guidelines
5) All live merit badge instruction will be provided by an online format called Zoom; an online portal.
6) Lastly, please be aware that Ms. Lopez, is venturing into a new method of merit badge administration. Please be patient as we work through the learning curves.
*Scouts may want an adult with them to help. Please be advised that if you are having technical difficulties, we will not have anyone available to help you accept and start your Zoom invitation. Please visit Zoom.com to see video tutorials on how to Join a Meeting.