2020 Personal Management Merit Badge - Additional Class
What: : Personal Management Merit Badge
Class 1 - April 18, 2020 - 1:00 pm Req. 1 & 2
Class 2 - May 9, 2020 - 1:00 pm Req. 3, 4, & 5
Class 3 - May 23, 2020 - 1:00 pm Req. 6,7,8,9, & 10
Class 4 - July 25, 2020 11:00 am Bringing it all together
Registering puts you in all four classes. you must attend all four classes to complete the merit badge.
Class Sizes: Limited to the first 24 Glacier's Edge Council Scouts
In response to COVID-19, the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. will be offering the Personal Management online merit badge class starting Saturday, April 11, 2020 to any scout(s) involved in a Scouts BSA program. It’s one of the most exciting and challenging merit badges-Personal Management!
Each session will consist of one hour of instruction each day for four different sessions (Mostly Saturdays but could be flexible based on demand) The scout(s) should receive a link to log into their class the Friday evening prior to their first class.
Scouts will use these links each day to receive live instruction from Mr. Jason Mascitti of Troop 16 and guest presenters related to those important topics. Scouts will have various requirements to complete each week before the next session.
Mr. Mascitti will always have two deep leadership; however, this is fantastic information that even parents may enjoy! They are all welcome to audit the class.
Overall, we believe that these online merit badge-based programs will make a great educational supplement to ongoing online efforts being made by our current public, private, and charter schools throughout our impacted region.
Blue cards will be provided digitally to the scout after the badge work is complete and only after the merit badge counselor has verified that the individual scout has completed all listed requirements under that specific merit badge (no need to worry about ScoutBook).
Additional Notes (Please Review)
1) Each scout must register separately so we can track their progress and attendance.
2) Current youth protection guidelines (two - deep leadership and no one-on-one contact) will be followed by all staff under the Glacier’s Edge Council, B.S.A. and its merit badge counselors always while working with youth and their families.
3) All merit badge classes are open to any scout(s) from Glacier’s Edge Council that are currently participating in a Scouts BSA program; all times listed above are located in the Central time zone of the United States of America.
4) We strongly encourage and recommend that any scout(s) participating in these online classes receive verbal permission from their parents / guardians and their unit leader(s).
5) All live merit badge instruction will be provided by an online format called Zoom; an online portal provided by the Mr. Mascitti and Thrivent Financial where he is employed.
6) Lastly, please be aware that Mr. Mascitti is venturing into a new method of merit badge administration. Please be patient as we work through the learning curves.
*Scouts may want an adult with them to help. Please be advised that if you are having technical difficulties, we will not have anyone available to help you accept and start your Zoom invitation. Please visit Zoom.com to see video tutorials on how to Join a Meeting or click on the link below.