Webelos/Arrow of Light Scout Boot Camp
Camping Boot Camp at Sandscrest Scout Reservation
Goal: To prepare Webelos and Arrow of Lights for Troop Camping before they cross over to the Troop. $25.00 per person.
- Scouting 101 for Scout Parents
- Webelos and Arrow of Lights will complete participation requirements.
- Webelos and Arrow of Lights will become familiar with patrol methods and camping skills (Ropes, Compass, Camp Stove and Dutch Ovens) while motivating them to cross over to Scouts BSA.
- Stations the Scouts will participate in: First Aid, Fire Building, Tent/Campsite set up, Geocaching, Map and compass, Sat. night campfire, Lashing/knots, Cooking, Water purification, Shelter building, Flag folding, Dutch oven cooking, Nature hike
- Cost is $25/person. Boot Camp is open to all Webelos and Arrow of Lights and a parent. Cost includes Food.
- Webelos and Arrow of Lights need to bring a tent, sleeping bag, mess kit, camp chair, the 10 essentials, and toiletries.
The Scout Basic Essentials
- Pocket Knife (must have whittling chip)
- First Aid Kit
- Extra Clothes
- Rain Gear
- Water Bottle
- Trail Food
- Matches and Fire Starters
- Sun Protection
- Map and Compass (Maps will be provided and there will be some compasses as well)
- Just as a reminder, Webelos and Arrow of Lights may have a knife if they have their whittling chip.
- Webelos and Arrow of Lights need to arrive by 8am Saturday. Program starts at 9am. We will end Sunday at noon.
- Remember to dress and pack for the weather. (We control a lot of things but never the weather.)