Scouts BSA Resident Camp 2020
Camp Mountaineer 2020
Thank you for choosing to make a reservation at Camp Mountaineer during the 2020 summer camp season. We look forward to providing a quality program experience for your troop's Scouts and adult leaders.
Prior to February 1, 2020, troops may place a reservation with a $200 deposit to hold their spot in their week of choice and by entering their estimated number of youth and adult attendees. Space is limited by week. A troop's reservation is not secured until a reservation deposit has been received.
- Provisional Scouts will not be permitted to attend camp this summer (Scouts attending individually to be placed with a host troop). All Scouts must attend camp with a troop under their own two-deep leadership.
- All campers (youth and adults) will be expected to have a mask or face covering while at camp. There will be times when a face covering will be required (examples: meal service lines, in the trading post).
- Troops attending will be grouped into "cohorts" of 25 people. Each cohort will stay together for the duration of camp for program and meal times and follow the same schedule for the week.
- Visitors will not be permitted in camp and "family night" will be canceled for this summer. Virtual opportunities for families to see what's happening at camp are being planned.
- Sunday's check-in procedures will include a temperature check and symptom review. Campers will be sent home if any symptoms are shown, along with anyone else who traveled in the same vehicle. Campers are encouraged to arrive to camp in as many vehicles as possible.
- Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
2020 Camp Fees:
- youth: $350 per Scout; $310 if Scout is paid in full two weeks prior to session start *UPDATE
- adults: $100 per weekly adult, $25 per daily adult (troops will receive 1 FREE for every 10 Scouts)
The troop understands and agrees that:
- Acceptance of your deposit secures your choice of sessions at camp for the number of Scouts and adults indicated. You need to advise the Mountaineer Area Council of changes to these numbers as soon as you are aware of any.
- The reservation deposit is NOT refundable or transferable if the troop fails to attend camp. It is applied toward the fees for Scouts and leaders who come to camp.
- Scout spots may be dropped without penalty by April 15, 2020. After that, a refund request form must be submitted for consideration of a partial refund.
- Two registered adults 21 years of age or over are required. For female troops, there must be a registered female adult leader over 21.
- While it is possible to request sharing a campsite with a specific unit, both units must so request and make their reservations at the same time. This does not absolve each unit of their responsibility to provide two-deep leadership. Both units must submit a reservation and a reservation deposit.
- While every attempt will be made to honor a unit's campsite preferences, the camp administration reserves the right to change a unit's campsite assignment prior to arrival at camp. Campsite changes may occur when necessary to ensure that every unit has an adequate number of tents and the best possible camping experience. Two or more units may be assigned to the same campsite. Camp Mountaineer will do everything possible to ensure that any changes are communicated prior to the troop's arrival.
- For this reservation you must select your campsite preference based on available slots.
- The following campsites (& capacity) have wooden platforms with canvas tents: Apache (36), Blackfoot (30), Crow (30), Ojibwa (80), Shawnee (20), Sioux (32)
- The following campsites (& capacity) have wooden platforms with canvas tents & Adirondack shelters with 6 bunks: Cherokee (48), Miami (20), Mingo (50), Mohawk (40), Seneca (30)
- The contact information to be provided must be the primary person in the unit who should receive Camp Mountaineer information and communications. Frequently, camp updates and announcements will be sent to the email addresses provided of all attendees and registration contacts.
Sunday 07-19-2020 1:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-25-2020 10:00 AM ET
Week 1 (NEW SCHEDULE)
Sunday 07-05-2020 1:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-11-2020 10:00 AM ET
Week 2 (NEW SCHEDULE)
Sunday 07-12-2020 1:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-18-2020 10:00 AM ET