Medicine Online Merit Badge
Online Merit Badge
LOCATION: Virtually via Zoom (Zoom connection information will be sent to those registered)
REMINDER: Scouts must have prior approval from their Scoutmaster before pursuing a merit badge opportunity.
MERIT BADGE COUNSELOR: Dr. Lee Pyles; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Session #1: Wednesday, June 3: 7:00 - 8:00PM
- Session #2: Wednesday, June 10: 7:00 - 8:00PM
- Session #3: Wednesday, June 17: 7:00 - 8:00PM
- Session #4: Wednesday, June 24: 7:00 - 8:00PM
LINK TO WORKSHEET: http://usscouts.org/mb/worksheets/Medicine.pdf
1. Written answers to requirements 1, 4 and 5 by 7 pm on Sunday night before the first class. Use link to worksheet above.
2. Written answers to requirements 7B, 8, 9. These are due on the Sunday before the 3rd class.
3. Make up a public service announcement that features a health concept such as physical activity, health or safety.
- Each Merit Badge session will be conducted via Zoom videoconference. If a Scout does not have a webcam, he or she can simply dial in using the provided phone number on the Zoom link.
- In following with youth protection guidelines, merit badge counselors will have at least one other adult on each call, and will copy parent email addresses on correspondence with individual Scouts, or to another adult on group emails.
- If physical paperwork is required, the merit badge counselor will instruct Scouts on proper submission (via email, mail to Council Service Center, etc.).