Camp Thunderbird Trailblazers Summer Camp 2024
Camp Thunderbird Trailblazer Scouts BSA Summer Camp
Get ready to blaze a trail of discovery and excitement at our Trailblazers Scouts BSA Summer Camp!
Are you a first-year Scout eager to embark on your Scouting journey? Look no further!
Trailblazers is specially crafted to guide our newest Scouts BSA Scouts through the essential skills needed to soar to the ranks of Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class. This summer camp is open to any registered Scouts BSA member.
Please take the time to view and thoroughly examine your Parent/Leader Guide for comprehensive details. It is important to note that this event description only covers a small portion of the information you need to review or know. You may find and download the Parent/Leader Guide to the right of this description under "Attachments".
- Note that participation in Swimming, Canoeing, and Kayaking is contingent on passing the BSA Swim Test.
- The Swimming Merit Badge will be offered to proficient scouts after their swim test at the discretion of the Waterfront Directors.
- In order to ensure a fun and safe camp experience for all attendees, each troop must have a minimum of 2 registered adults (who are current in Youth Protection Training).
- We are currently accepting Provisional Scouts (single scouts without their troop) but this is reliant on having provosional leaders in place. Provisional Scouts will be placed in a provisional unit on a first registered and paid basis. In the event there aren't sufficient provisional leaders to accept all Provisional Scouts, there will be a 100% refund for those Scouts.
- All Youth and Adults attending must be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Scouting's Barriers to Abuse require all adults accompanying a Scouting unit who are present at the activity for 72 total hours or more MUST be registered as leaders. The 72 hours need not be consecutive.
- The BSA Annual Health and Medical Record will be collected on the first day of camp. It is REQUIRED for ALL PARTICIPANTS, Scouts and Adults.
- This camp session require a completed Annual Health and Medical Records Parts A, B, & C (physical from a medical professional is required for Part C)
- Does your unit have families that need financial assistance? A campership may be avaiable to assist. This form can be found when registering for the event.
- Registration is open till May 31, 2024. Any registrations after May 31, 2024 is subject to availability and does not guarantee participant t-shirt or patch.
Pricing: Fee includes meals, patch, 1 shirt for each Trailblazar Youth, *provisional adult leadership for provisional youth, and activities.
|Scout BSA Youth
|Provisional Scouts BSA Youth*
This is not just a camp; it's a stepping stone on your path to becoming a skilled and confident Scout. Trailblazers is where your Scouting adventure truly begins.