National Youth Leadership Training 2021
NYLT is - an intense, challenging 5-day outdoor training course designed to develop Unit Youth Leaders - for ages 13 to 18 years old - a positive experience for youth leaders - focused on What a Leader must BE, what a Leader must KNOW, and what a Leader must DO.
Scoutmasters and Crew Advisors: NYLT teaches Scouts and Ventures leadership skills and challenges them to think about what it means to be a leader. Participants are placed into patrols where they will work together by using their skills of camping, fire building, cooking, as well as participating in leadershipbuilding activities and presentations.
BADEN POWELL'S VISION OF BOY SCOUTING
was centered on the patrol method and youth leadership. Having well-trained youth leadership within the troop or crew is an important part of providing a good experience for everyone involved. The National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) program provides your youth leaders with valuable leadership training and experience.
TAKE HOME BENEFITS FROM NYLT INCLUDE:
- experience of a youth led training course.
- skills of visualizing success, setting goals to accomplish vision, developing a plan to get there.
- learning to lead others, communicate, develop a patrol, apply a leadership style.
- experience in problem solving, making ethical decisions, valuing people, and teaching skills.
Cost - $300 for everyone - send registration and payment to the Council Office by June 18, 2021 so food, supplies, and program materials may be ordered.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Current BSA medical form
- Copy of family insurance card
- Class A uniform (no neckerchief or slide)
- Boots for hiking
- Sleeping bag/gear
- 1 or 2 person tent
- Overnight backpack
- Rain gear
- Insect repellant
-Flashlight and extra batteries
TO COMPLY WITH COVID-19 REGULATIONS
for camper safety and healthy wellbeing, NYLT will:
- conduct a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of camp common areas, program areas, and equipment prior to the course.
- have all attendees (youth and adult) required to have their temperature taken at Health Check-in upon entering camp.
- conduct course in accordance with the Governor's COVID-19 guidelines.
- practice physical distancing in all aspects of the program.
- total group size will be fewer than 50 people.
- have heightened cleaning and disinfection daily.
- practice enhanced camp safety daily.
REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND
- minimum age Scouts BSA is 13 by February 1st.
- minimum age Venture and Sea Scouts is 14 or 13 and completed 8th grade by February 1st.
- currently or potentially serving in a troop or crew leadership position
- minimum rank of First Class, or registered Venture or Sea Scout
- have attended one weeklong camp
- be a registered member of a Scouting Unit
- completed medical form
- have a unit leader recommendation.