Roaring Laughter - Bear Adventure **CANCELLED**
“Laughing provides many health benefits. It also enhances teamwork and improves alertness, creativity, and memory. In this adventure Bear Scouts will share laughter with others, strengthening their bond with family members and the den.”
Join us on October 22, 2023 from 2:30pm to 5:30pm at the Camp Perkins Pavilion. Please wear closed toe shoes and play clothes. Bring your backpack with the Cub Scout six essentials and extra water. Bears will need to bring jokes and ideas so they can write a short story. Scouts will earn their beltloop at the end of the adventure.
By the end of the event your Scout will complete four of the following:
- Think about what makes you laugh. Write down three things that make you laugh.
- Practice reading tongue twisters.
- Create your own short story. Remove some nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs from the story, leaving blanks. Without telling the story, have a friend insert his or her own nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in the story you created.
- With a partner, play a game that makes you laugh.
- Share at least two jokes with members of your den to make them laugh.
- Practice at least two run-ons with your den, and perform them at a pack meeting or campfire program.
There must be a minimum of 10 Cub Scouts registered by October 12th. Register early and tell your friends!