2023 Camp James Ray Webelos Woods #1
CJR Webelos Woods #1
Camp James Ray
September 22 - 24, 2023
Hosted by Chisholm Trail district
Participant Type: Webelos/AOL Scouts and parents/guardians; Scouts BSA troops
Webelos Woods is an awesome opportunity for Webelos (and their parents) to experience some of the fun that they can look forward to once they cross over into a troop. It is also a chance to experience the differences between the Cub Scout method of adult leadership to the Scouts BSA method of youth leadership. Troops will host Webelos Scouts from various packs and will form patrols which will include those Webelos Scouts for the weekend. Packs will be assigned to camp with a host Troop by the event staff.
This year's theme is the Chisholm Trail Combine. The Combine is a process used throughout higher level sports to make the best matches between players and teams. The goal of the Chisholm Trail Combine is to help each Webelos and each Arrow of Light find the right Troop for them. The program will be designed to help the Webelos and Arrow of Lights to get some experience with several Troops that they have not met yet!
All registrations must be done through Black Pug and no walk-in registration is permitted.
Who Should Attend?
- Webelos and Arrow of Light Dens plus their parents/guardians
- Scouts BSA Troops
- This event will have activities appropriate for any Webelos or Arrow of Light Scout. However, the Troops that will be represented are those from the Chisholm Trail District (Plano ISD)
- Location: Camp James Ray, 2026 Mill Creek Rd., Pottsboro, TX 75076
- Check-in for Troops: after 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2023
- Check-in for Packs: either Friday, September 22 after 5:00 p.m. or Saturday, September 23 from 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Registration closes: Friday, September 15, 2023, at 11:00 p.m.
- Webelos/Packs will be assigned to a campsite by the event staff and will be the guest of that campsite's troop. Campsite assignments will be provide prior to the event.
Cost for the event:
- Webelos or Arrow of Light Scout: $15.00 per Scout does not include meals. Troops and Packs should coordinate on meals/meal cost
- Webelos or Arrow of Light Parent: $12.00 per parent does not include meals. Troops and Packs should coordinate on meals/meal cost
- Scouts BSA Scouts: $13.00 per Scout does not include meals
- Scouts BSA Troop adult leaders: $10.00 does not include meals
- Event Staff: $10.00 (includes district volunteers, OA volunteers, and Venturing Scouts/Adults volunteering to help with the event).
Information required during registration:
- First and last name
- Unit type and number
- Cell phone number (adults and staff)
- Email (adults and staff)
- Allergies and medical issues/mobility concerns (optional)
- Dietary restrictions (required)
- Parent/Guardian name, cell phone number, email, and relationship to Scout (Webelos/AOL Scouts only)
- Emergency contact name, cell phone number, and relationship to attendee (required for Scouts BSA Scouts, adults and staff; optional for Webelos/AOL Scouts)
Information required at check-in:
- Unit/Attendee roster
- Annual Medical Health Record A&B
For more information contact:
- Dean Rosnett, Event Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frank Griffin Senior Program Executive at email@example.com
- Paula Bramble, Program Executive (registration assistance) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 09-22-2023 6:00 PM CT to
Sunday 09-24-2023 12:00 PM CT