2023 CJR Spring Camporee #3
CJR Spring Camporee #3
Camp James Ray
April 21-23, 2023
Hosted by Lone Star and Western Horizon Districts
- Check-in: begins Friday, April 21 at 6:00 p.m.
- Activities: start Saturday, April 22 at 9:00 a.m.
- Check out: Sunday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m.
- Registration Deadline is April 16, 2023 at 11:00 p.m.
- Scouts: $20
- Adults: $15
- Cancellations: All cancellations must follow the Cancellation & Refund Policy (See Attachments)
The following information will be requested during registration:
- First and Last Name
- Emergency Contact Name, Cell Number, and Relationship to the attendee
Documents Required at Check-In
- Health Form Part A & B
- Unit Roster listing all attendees
- Event Chair: Robert Taylor, email@example.com
- Co-Event Chair: Keith Hoffman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Advisor: Jamel Holmes, email@example.com
Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills (IOLS)
Camp James Ray
April 21- 22, 2023
Working as patrols, this hands-on course provides adult leaders the practical outdoor skills they need to lead Scouts in the out-of-doors. Upon completion, leaders should feel comfortable teaching Scouts the basic skills required to obtain the First Class rank. Along with Scoutmaster Specifics this course is required of all direct contact leaders registered in Boy Scout Troops in order to be considered “trained”.
- Cost: $25.00 per person online plus $15.00 cash per person payable at Orientation (to cover patrol meals)
- Location: Camp James Ray (2026 Mill Creek Rd, Pottsboro, TX 75076)
- Date: 6:00pm on Friday, April 21, 2023 to approx. 9:00pm on Saturday, April 22, 2023 (after the campfire)
- Check-In: 6:00 p.m.
- Participants are welcome to camp Saturday night and leave Sunday morning.
IOLS Orientation (REQUIRED)
- Date: Tuesday, April 18 2023
- Time: 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Location: Trinity Presbyterian Church (5871 Virginia Parkway McKinney, TX 75071
- Don’t forget to bring $15.00 cash to cover the cost of patrol meals.
- Patrols will be set at orientation.
- You must bring to class a copy of Scout Medical Forms A & B along with a copy of your medical insurance card (both sides).
IOLS Training Contacts
- Doug Dellow: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Albertson: email@example.com